Aperion 532 vs PSB Image B15 vs Axiom M3ti

MGailing

MGailing

Enthusiast
Im in the mood for some new speakers, but I just cant decide on which to buy. My choices are between the Aperion, PSB, and Axiom - im leaning toward the Aperions, but I thought Id ask for your thoughts. Any suggestions, opinions or brand recommendations?

(Running a Yamaha MCR-E600 for my receiver)

A

AudioSeer

Junior Audioholic
I have experience with the Aperions. They are attractive and well built. I prefer them more for home theater than music, however. Hope this helps.

MGailing

MGailing

Enthusiast
Thanks for the response. Im looking for speakers than produce a better music sound than movie (although movie sound is def. important).

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
If music is your preference and you don't have a sub

MGailing said:
Im in the mood for some new speakers, but I just cant decide on which to buy. My choices are between the Aperion, PSB, and Axiom - im leaning toward the Aperions, but I thought Id ask for your thoughts. Any suggestions, opinions or brand recommendations?

(Running a Yamaha MCR-E600 for my receiver)
I would ante up more cash and get the PSB Image B25s. The B15s are very good speakers, very musical but lacking a little in the bass. Thats were the B25s have an advantage over the B15s, in the bass response. If you already have a sub, then the B15s are an excellent choice

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Axiom speakers

The Axiom M3tis held their own in Ray's budget speaker shootout to tie as the winner. However, based on reviews, I think the slightly more expensive M22it's will perform better for music and HT and play louder. You can get them for $400 on the outlet page.

MGailing

MGailing

Enthusiast
I checked out Rays comparison and I am pleased to hear that the Axioms performed well. I wish I could spend more, but as a starving college student, I have a strict budget :( and simply do not have the funds to spend anymore on speakers!

Anyway, I think I have eliminated the Aperions from the comparison (I think my limit is going to be 380 MAX) - I guess im looking at PSB, Axiom, maybe Paradigm (I have found deals), and possibly Monitor Audio

To be honest - I think the Monitor Audio, PSB, and Axioms are in the running - I just wish it was easier to find places out here that offer a wide range of speaker comparisons...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The Energy Conussueir line is on sale right now (being discontinued).

You should be able to get some good deals on those.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis