Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
A nice shower seen from Australia would really seat off the apartment Brian :D

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
So I'm still waiting on one new piece of equipment, but my wire situation was starting to bug me. I used 2 monoprice wiring kits, finished off hiding cables in the back of the room, and temporarily (I didn't remove any of the tape backing) hid the rest of my wires. The end result

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358055716.481580.jpg

Cleaned the wires up a bit between my right component stand and sub as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358055767.737356.jpg

Last edited:
brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
And here's the back of the room. Tapatalk wouldn't let me upload it with the last post.

Last edited by a moderator:
brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
I realized that first picture wasn't that clear. This one's a little bit better. You get the idea anyways :p

Last edited by a moderator:
brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
How are you likening 7.1?
It really depends on the movie. Movies mixed in 5.1 I still listen in 5.1 so no difference there. For 7.1 movies it really depends on the track. Some you don't notice at all, others it makes a big difference in rear sound stage. When it's well done its awesome though :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Looks great, although that bottom slot on the left rack looks a little empty ;)

I find myself up mixing everything to 7.1, both the Onkyo and the Oppo do it pretty well and I find that I don't notice a huge difference between upmixed 7.1 and native 7.1, except for the really obvious stuff. Have you tried the upmixing on the panny or the denon?

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Looks great, although that bottom slot on the left rack looks a little empty ;)

I find myself up mixing everything to 7.1, both the Onkyo and the Oppo do it pretty well and I find that I don't notice a huge difference between upmixed 7.1 and native 7.1, except for the really obvious stuff. Have you tried the upmixing on the panny or the denon?
The funny part is the part that I'm really waiting for is a new longer power cord for the denon to move the APC over there, not what you're thinking :p I haven't tried up mixing, I just don't want to be switching modes manually on the denon all the time. If there's a way to get the panny to donut automatically I'd definitely give it a shot.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
The funny part is the part that I'm really waiting for is a new longer power cord for the denon to move the APC over there, not what you're thinking :p I haven't tried up mixing, I just don't want to be switching modes manually on the denon all the time. If there's a way to get the panny to donut automatically I'd definitely give it a shot.
I refuse to edit that awesome auto correct. Damn straight I want the panny to donut automatically.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
What mode do you use on the denon for blu-rays meow?

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
What mode do you use on the denon for blu-rays meow?
It just takes whatever the Blu ray outputs in. So if its Dolby 5.1 it's dolby 5.1. If its dts HD-ma it's dts HD-ma. I haven't really looked into playing around with the setting too much. For my tv box I have it set to auto up convert on the Denon with Dolby plx 2 or something, but I leave Blu rays alone.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It just takes whatever the Blu ray outputs in. So if its Dolby 5.1 it's dolby 5.1. If its dts HD-ma it's dts HD-ma. I haven't really looked into playing around with the setting too much. For my tv box I have it set to auto up convert on the Denon with Dolby plx 2 or something, but I leave Blu rays alone.
Hmm according to the Panny manual it says it will upconvert 5.1 and 6.1 to 7.1 as long as the Panny is outputting PCM through HDMI. If you bitstream it outputs whatever the mix is, and if you switch to PCM it will up convert.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Hmm according to the Panny manual it says it will upconvert 5.1 and 6.1 to 7.1 as long as the Panny is outputting PCM through HDMI. If you bitstream it outputs whatever the mix is, and if you switch to PCM it will up convert.
I'll have to look into that, thanks for the heads up :)

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
It really depends on the movie. Movies mixed in 5.1 I still listen in 5.1 so no difference there. For 7.1 movies it really depends on the track. Some you don't notice at all, others it makes a big difference in rear sound stage. When it's well done its awesome though :)
What bdp have you got? My Yamaha auto extends my sound to 7.1, I wasn't a big fan of this, but now it's set to auto now and I hear a bit of sound every now and then from the rears

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis