brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
ya, and I really think that a6 speaker is the star of the rti line, so hopefully I don't regret this. I'm mainly curious about the difference between bipole and monopoles in surround. from what I've read it should be a big improvement for movies. I can definitely localize the a1s right now.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
ya, and I really think that a6 speaker is the star of the rti line, so hopefully I don't regret this. I'm mainly curious about the difference between bipole and monopoles in surround. from what I've read it should be a big improvement for movies. I can definitely localize the a1s right now.
I think it makes a huge difference. The two pairs of surrounds I have that are actually surrounds definitely sound different than the towers that I'm using as surrounds.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Gave my drums away to a friend who'll get a lot more use out of them than I will today. Unfortunately, they were hiding some crappy wiring going to my second sub at the back of my room. I had a monoprice wiring kit around that fixed that up nice and easy, looks good too :) All told it took about 5 minutes. Should have taken a before picture, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Got the 7.2 wired up today, just took some pictures. I watched Bourne Legacy which is mixed in 7.1 today and didn't notice a huge difference, but switching the bookshelves for bipoles a couple days ago made a huge difference in surround. Apologies for the mess on the table. It's where I put random stuff for various projects I have on the go, not so much for eating :)

My old side surrounds moved to rear surround

full back of the room (again, sorry for the mess, it'll get cleaned up one day, I swear)

new side surround, bigger than I thought they'd be

Sort of to give you an idea of side surround placement, a little behind the seating area set to bipole

And I moved my xbox and blu ray player over to the other side of the tv now, switched out my old thick hdmis for redmere hdmi, and hooked up my ps2. Everything is basically already wired up where I want it to be for whenever that stand gets in *shakes fist*

Last edited by a moderator:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looks nice. Where did you get the side cabinets I need something like those for a smaller setup.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
You wouldn't clean up or try cable management :D
I have some cable management plans. It's just gonna be a million times easier once I get the new stand in. Apparently it shipped to the store last week, so it should be in this week. In theory.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Looks nice. Where did you get the side cabinets I need something like those for a smaller setup.
I got one from futureshop and the other from visions or something like that. I'm on my way to work right now and I'll look up the model number when I get there for you :) wasn't hard to find online in Canada so it should be even easier for you :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Just went through the entire thread, Brian. Nice setup you have there.:) When you said you got 75db from one sub and 78db from two, that made perfect sense. If the gains are set identically and the subs are equidistant from the mic, you are doubling the wattage output, which equals a 3db gain.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Just went through the entire thread, Brian. Nice setup you have there.:) When you said you got 75db from one sub and 78db from two, that made perfect sense. If the gains are set identically and the subs are equidistant from the mic, you are doubling the wattage output, which equals a 3db gain.

Thanks! I really enjoy it :)

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I have some cable management plans. It's just gonna be a million times easier once I get the new stand in. Apparently it shipped to the store last week, so it should be in this week. In theory.
Good man, glad too see

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Stand is in. Store closes at 6 though. Working till 6:30 tonight and signed up for ot tomorrow and doing a 12 hour shift (gotta work overtime to keep my a/v spending habit well fed, haha). Won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday, but I'm excited :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Pffft make that poor stand wait a day. What a horrible person :)

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Pffft make that poor stand wait a day. What a horrible person :)
Ha, if I'd known it was coming in today I would have done the overtime on Wednesday :p they called me too late, I'd already agreed to work it, haha.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Ha, if I'd known it was coming in today I would have done the overtime on Wednesday :p they called me too late, I'd already agreed to work it, haha.
See now I have my priorities straight. I'm taking the day off tomorrow so I can stay home and sign for my new knick knack :rolleyes:

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
See now I have my priorities straight. I'm taking the day off tomorrow so I can stay home and sign for my new knick knack :rolleyes:
I'll be sure to keep your life of leisure in mind while I wake up at the crack of dawn to go to work, you barsted (my phone autocorrects to barsted now, best thing ever)!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'll be sure to keep your life of leisure in mind while I wake up at the crack of dawn to go to work, you barsted (my phone autocorrects to barsted now, best thing ever)!
First I can't explain how awesome that is.

Second as cool as it is to work on my subwoofer and take deliveries, I'd much rather have a full time job. So I stead of items I can start looking at bigger places.

I actually started saving for this thing that I wouldn't be able to even use until I had my own place. Ho hum. You lucky duck with a job.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Stand is in. Store closes at 6 though. Working till 6:30 tonight and signed up for ot tomorrow and doing a 12 hour shift (gotta work overtime to keep my a/v spending habit well fed, haha). Won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday, but I'm excited :)
Funny thing I got a pair off of craigslist today. Nice shape too. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis