Anyone want to buy a mountain bike?

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Sooooo, I'm an avid road cyclist. I love bicycles.
Naturally I thought to myself...."if I love road riding so much, certainly I'll love mtn. riding as well!"

Not so much. Clambering over rocks, spinning my legs off at 3 mph isn't my idea of a good time!
Anyone wanna take advantage of my poor purchasing decision?! A $4500 Rocky Mountain Slayer 70 for best offer or trade???

Come on....step away from the stereo and get outside and hurt yourself!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
What size is it and what kind of trade you looking for?

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
18" - puts it on the large side of medium
as far as trades.....what do you have?

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
sent PM (and now I have to type more, because "sent PM" is too short to post.)

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
That's a sweet bike. I wish I had the funds bo buy. It would be nice. I think it is far better for you than HT.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I thought P- Dawg would already be riding that bike, actually racing that bike down the road to his place with the Big Brown truck a few feet behind him and he is grinning from ear to ear while blu ray titles are stuffed in his back pockets about to fall out but who has time to stop when the adrenaline is pumping, Brown Truck , Brown Truck, whooaaa son slow down :)

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
This.....this is my baby. Never sell. maybe it needs a gel seat as well, now that your bringit up....

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I thought P- Dawg would already be riding that bike, actually racing that bike down the road to his place with the Big Brown truck a few feet behind him and he is grinning from ear to ear while blu ray titles are stuffed in his back pockets about to fall out but who has time to stop when the adrenaline is pumping, Brown Truck , Brown Truck, whooaaa son slow down :)
Trying to work out a deal. I have had a lot of mountain bikes but sold the last one about 4 years ago. I need something to chase down the trucks but I didn't need it to come along right now.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Trying to work out a deal. I have had a lot of mountain bikes but sold the last one about 4 years ago. I need something to chase down the trucks but I didn't need it to come along right now.
The Truck or the Bike :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
This.....this is my baby. Never sell. maybe it needs a gel seat as well, now that your bringit up....

Never let it be said that you do things half-assed. Now that's a bike. :eek:

$4,500 for a mountain bike is about 4 x what I would ever want to spend on a bike. I'm the opposite of you, I'd much rather mountain bike than ride on a street. To each his own I guess.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Never let it be said that you do things half-assed. Now that's a bike. :eek:

$4,500 for a mountain bike is about 4 x what I would ever want to spend on a bike. I'm the opposite of you, I'd much rather mountain bike than ride on a street. To each his own I guess.
That's the Tri bike. Only for races, I normally ride and train on a Klein Q Elite XX. Not nearly as fancy as that Trek, but alot more durable.

Can't do 60mph on a mountain bike! And honestly, I tried mtn. biking with that Rocky Mountain. It has it's appeal, but it's so much work to get moving, and it's seriously hard on the upper body running down the ski runs at Winter Park.
I dig the road. Nothing like putting down 100 miles through the winding mountain roads. Mtn. biking feels more like dirt biking without a motor! Hard work.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
. Mtn. biking feels more like dirt biking without a motor! Hard work.
That's what I like about it. I always say that 1 mile off road equals 10 on it.

We have some great trails here but it is more like hill biking vs. mountain biking.:D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
That's what I like about it. I always say that 1 mile off road equals 10 on it.

We have some great trails here but it is more like hill biking vs. mountain biking.:D
I only go up mountains to come back down. I love the feeling of hauling *** down a dirt trail with the tires sliding. It's always fun to see how fast I can go without crashing. :D

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
I only go up mountains to come back down. I love the feeling of hauling *** down a dirt trail with the tires sliding. It's always fun to see how fast I can go without crashing. :D
You only know how fast that is when you do crash. That speed minus about 1 mph

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I got the bike!!!!

Thanks Greg (cool name)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis