Anyone installed a recessed TV in kitchen?

L

lonwa

Audioholic Intern
Never done this before myself. I am pretty handy so I know I can figure it out, but wondering if anyone has any tips they can provide to lighten the learning curve. Especially around the recessed box options and recommendations.

Size of TV will be 28 inches max. No need for it to be on a arm to pull out and maneuver. I would like it to fixed, and fully recessed and flush with the wall.

Gracias,

Lonwa

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
http://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/vsf409/

Hi!

This is an example of (and I use their larger version for my plasma) a pull out screen mount.

The most important thing is to ensure that this, or ANY bracket, is properly secured to a wall stud. Flush with the wall is a bit unrealistic, but when pushed all the way back, its close enough! You could always do decorative time around the TV to give that impression.

As for recessing, I'd need a picture to understand your situation.

L

lonwa

Audioholic Intern
Thanks. When I say recessed, I mean built in. Like your microwave that's built into the cabinets. For the TV I would like to build it into the wall so it does not protrude out at all. Completely flush with the wall.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Thanks. When I say recessed, I mean built in. Like your microwave that's built into the cabinets. For the TV I would like to build it into the wall so it does not protrude out at all. Completely flush with the wall.
You will have to find out what is in your wall before you can guarantee this is possible. If there is any mechanical in the wall (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc) you are outta luck, moving these are a lot of work.
If it is an exterior wall, don't do it. Removing insulation from a wall and putting in a tv will create a condensation point or at the very least a money pit.
If it is a bearing wall you will have to put in suitable beam and support. This is something that should be determined by a professional.
If everything is clear to this point I have used 3/4" ply tight to the other side attached to stud material. Then attach the mount with 3/4" * 12 metal head wood screws.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis