Anyone Here Seen Elton John Live?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am just curious to know if any of you have ever seen Elton John in concert? If so, how was the show? The reason I ask is that he is coming to my area on November 11th. The cheapest tickets are ~$40 each. If he puts on a good show it would easily be worth the $40. Any of you care to share your thoughts? Offer me some advice? Feel free to speak up. Thanks!

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you like his music I think you'll like his show altho he is a tad older now since the last time I saw him, lol. Never saw one from the audience's position but have been backstage at a couple...and $40 these days isn't that bad.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
If you like his music I think you'll like his show altho he is a tad older now since the last time I saw him, lol. Never saw one from the audience's position but have been backstage at a couple...and $40 these days isn't that bad.
Thanks Chris. I do like a lot of his music as he is no doubt a legend. Have never seen him live. About 3-years or so ago he was here in my area. Promised myself that if he ever made it back around that I would go check him out. Must have been awesome to be backstage! Lucky YOU!

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks Chris. I do like a lot of his music as he is no doubt a legend. Have never seen him live. About 3-years or so ago he was here in my area. Promised myself that if he ever made it back around that I would go check him out. Must have been awesome to be backstage! Lucky YOU!

Phil
Did a lot of work for them, thus the backstage passes. Nice organization to deal with, too.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Did a lot of work for them, thus the backstage passes. Nice organization to deal with, too.
I would love to do something like that. That is something you will remember the rest of your life. There are so many that I would like to meet. Thanks for sharing!

Phil

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I saw him and Billy Joel together probably 25 years ago.

It was good but not great and it was $100 a ticket for 2nd level in a stadium way back then.

$40 now seams very reasonable especially if you real like him.

P.S. Tiny Dancer is just one of those songs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I saw him and Billy Joel together probably 25 years ago.

It was good but not great and it was $100 a ticket for 2nd level in a stadium way back then.

$40 now seams very reasonable especially if you real like him.

P.S. Tiny Dancer is just one of those songs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Wow Billy Joel and Elton John? That had to be good. Lucky you! 25-years ago @$100 a ticket that was expensive! So, you are right $40 is very reasonable then. I like "I'm Still Standing" myself. :D:D:D Thanks for sharing!

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I would love to do something like that. That is something you will remember the rest of your life. There are so many that I would like to meet. Thanks for sharing!

Phil
LOL you want to be an international freight forwarder/customs broker? I just worked logistics and customs clearance things for a few tours and their LA presence. Lots of good memories over all for sure. I was never the biggest fan of EJ but his Yellow Brick Road album is forever entwined in my life just due to timing if anything....outside of the business thing.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
LOL you want to be an international freight forwarder/customs broker? I just worked logistics and customs clearance things for a few tours and their LA presence. Lots of good memories over all for sure. I was never the biggest fan of EJ but his Yellow Brick Road album is forever entwined in my life just due to timing if anything....outside of the business thing.
Yeah, that one is a classic. When I was a kid, "Crocodile Rock" was my favorite. Over times, I really like "I'm Still Standing" more now. He has so many really. Not necessarily my favorite either, but there is no denying he is a legend. Just wished my Sis was here to go with me. She loved Elton John!

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis