Anyone else excited for the Boxee Box?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, I already got Boxee urning on ION hardware since I couldn't really wait any more, but yea, then Boxee Box will be out, I'd surely consider getting the remote separately - Avner confirmed it

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I played with Boxee on a HTPC and was less than impressed with it's capabilities. It's pretty but it couldn't play BD rips and that was a deal breaker for me. I want to be able to have everything on servers - especially concert BDs. I've gone back to my WD TV Live.

drunkmunk

drunkmunk

Junior Audioholic
I played with Boxee on a HTPC and was less than impressed with it's capabilities. It's pretty but it couldn't play BD rips and that was a deal breaker for me. I want to be able to have everything on servers - especially concert BDs. I've gone back to my WD TV Live.
Most of the BD rips I've had are .mkv format which the boxee box claims to be able to play. Am I missing something?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Most of the BD rips I've had are .mkv format which the boxee box claims to be able to play. Am I missing something?
Yes, sholling likes his BD rips in Native,Original format Not mkv/h.264
Boxee doesn't support BR containers, and TrueHD/DTSHD support is on "coming soon" status :(
However I'm more than ok with 720p / DD/DTS - 5-7Gb movies ... Instead of 50Gb originals

drunkmunk

drunkmunk

Junior Audioholic
that's good to know. most my hd rips are either wmvhd (for use on the 360 or h.264 in mkv container). Another quick question on Boxee functionality... Does it have a web interface like XBMC? with XBMC I am able to log into my xbox via it's IP address and control it using a web page interface. It allows me to control video and create music playlists on the fly without having to turn my tv on just to change music.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Does it have a web interface like XBMC?
Yes it does and there is also very nice (AND FREE) Iphone/Ipod Touch Boxee Remote App.

raymondy

raymondy

Junior Audioholic
I've been a long time user of XBMC but have begun to use it less and less due to the xbox's inability to play high def formats. The Boxee Box should be a pretty awesome machine although I don't really dig the form factor. The RF remote with a built in QWERTY is pretty damn cool as well. <iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://tinyurl.com/yhntnsv" vspale=0></iframe>

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/05/boxee-box-officially-announced-under-200-flash-10-1-support/
I am very excited and the price is very good

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis