Anyone doing a plasma + projector day/night combo?

M

mjhamre

Audioholic Intern
I have an older (3 years) panasonic 42" plasma. Having seen a projector in a light controlled environment I definitely would like to set one up at a new place that I will be moving into in a couple of months. But, the room is not light controlled at all (nice open floor plan with lots of windows though :) ).

I'm thinking of using the plasma during the day and early evening for standard TV viewing. I would wall mount it. For movies I am planning to do a projector with a wall mounted retractable screen.

1) Is anyone doing this? Is it working well for you?
2) Do the wall mounted screens have enough space behind for a plasma on a wall, or would I need to mount the wall mount on some type of spacer to let it drop in front of the plasma?
3) Do the wall mounts without the tensioning devices keep the screen flat enough, or am I looking at a fairly expensive screen?
4) I thought I would mount the center channel just below the plasma, and have the screen drop to the bottom of the plasma, sounds like most people are doing center channels below the screen, so figured that should work out OK. Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...
--Matt

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis