any thoughts on this system.

K

khhamil

Audiophyte
Havent bought yet but looking to get Vizo 47 lcd 1080p, onkyo txsr 605 receiver. Lg dvd up convert player. Front center channel nxg technology, NX-PRO5520CLR, front left and right nxg technology NX-PRO6220, Polk psw 10, 50 watt subwoofer. Haven t decided on back speakers and haven't bought anything yet. I have a trey running across top of fireplace and LCD will go right above fireplace and there will be about a 1 ft gap to center channel. The NXG center has pivoting tweeters, any thoughts on system.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Vizio's panels are getting better than they were last time I had one in my place. I wouldn't go as far as recommending one, but I won't try to push someone away from them yet. If I were you before buying the Vizio I would look into getting a Sharp or Toshiba (finally got to see one) as they are my favorite LCDs on the market especially for the price.

I am not a fan of much LG so I would recommend checking out Oppo DVD players as they are great.

The Onkyo should do a great job for you.

I don't think that sub will do you much good to be honest. I would check out SVS or if you want something a little less pricey, but perhaps not as pretty, try and check out HSU.

I honestly don't know about NXG, but if you are going for in wall I know Mazer loves his speakercrafts.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've actually owned that Polk sub...it isn't garbage, it is actually well built, has most of the features one could want and even looks decent. The problem is the performance; it simply doesn't have enough power to get out of its own way so unless you have a tiny room, this guy isn't going to cut it. I used it with a set of LSi7s and while it did add a little rounding out at the bottom, the 7s had almost as much bass as the sub did; meaning it doesn't have any useful low end extension. It is really intended for lower midbass in conjunction with satellite speakers IMO.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
NXG speakers

My parents have NXG in-wall and inceling speakers in their HT and they aren't bad. They have also been recommend by one of the custom installers that frequent the forum. However, I went with a less expensive option for my distributed audio speakers.

Depending on your budget and asthetic requirments, you will probably get better performance from bookshelf or on-wall type speakers than entry level in-wall speakers.

I also recommend one of the Oppo DVD players. At just over $200 and 5-8 free movies a Toshiba HD-A2 would be another good option.

Save up some money for a good sub. For $200, the AV123 X-sub is a good entry level option.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis