Any reviews websites for decibel readers?

J

jeffie7

Enthusiast
I'm in the market for a decibel reader, I'm using it to test out basic day to day sound levels from blenders, vacuum cleaners, windows down in the car while driving and so on.

I'm having a hard time finding any worth while reviews on any decibel readers
is there a website somewhere out there that has reviews?

Thanks!

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
I think pretty much everyone on these forums uses the Radio Shack SPL meter, either analog or digital. Reasonably priced, works well.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm in the market for a decibel reader, I'm using it to test out basic day to day sound levels from blenders, vacuum cleaners, windows down in the car while driving and so on.

I'm having a hard time finding any worth while reviews on any decibel readers
is there a website somewhere out there that has reviews?

Thanks!
For your needs I would highly recommend that RS spl meter mentioned above but the digital version. Much easier to read the whole numbers instead of following a swinging needle; you don't need that aggravation.

Also, it covers a +/- 10dB spl when you set it on a scale. It has peak hold, etc. Just what you need.

majorloser

majorloser

Most everybody who uses a dB meter for home use has the analog RS meter. It's easy to use and has pretty good reliability. Please remember that there is a correction factor for the meters. You can find that info at this forum:

www.hometheatershack.com

I know they have a pretty good section on there about correction factors. I believe they also have a section with meter reviews.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis