Any input on Marantz SR6006 receiver?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
My trusty Denon 2802 has lost it's ability to receiver FM stereo. Mono, yes, but stereo? No.

So, it may be time for an upgrade. I'm looking at A4L and don't want to go over $500. The Marantz receivers there have the two features I want: MC analog input and all channel preamp outs.

The SR6006 looks perfect. Any input or suggestions?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
FWIW, I have a pair of SR6001's from A4L and they have served me well over the past 6? years . I just wish they had DynamicEQ, but I'm pretty sure the 6006 would.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The Marantz receivers there have the two features I want: MC analog input and all channel preamp outs.

The SR6006 looks perfect. Any input or suggestions?
I could interpret MC as Multi-channel or moving coil (phono), either way, the Denon doesn't have it.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I could interpret MC as Multi-channel or moving coil (phono), either way, the Denon doesn't have it.
Didn't see that detail. If MC input (whatever it is) is a requirement then few more options to throw around:
used 7008 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00SKC7N14/ref=olp_twister_all?ie=UTF8&mv_style_name=all - same original warranty should apply
refubs:
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx4000/denon-avr-x4000-7.2-4k-ultra-hd-networking-receiver-w/airplay/1.html
and finally at same $499 budget sr6008 - http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/marsr6008/marantz-sr6008-7.2-networking-a/v-receiver-w/airplay/1.html

I see no point getting older sr6006 model

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks, guys, Keep the thoughts coming. I really appreciate the input.

Yeah. MC, in this case, means multi-channel. I wuz too lazy to spell it out. ...sorry, guys. my bad.

Phono input is nice but not mandatory.

And, I looked at Denon. I would have preferred that since my old one lasted 13 years but they don't offer multi-channel inputs until way out of my price range. Marantz units do, however.

It looks like the SR6008 is in the lead at this point.. Thanks, BSA.

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I used to have SR6007 and I like it a lot, main reason I upgraded to SR7008 was that it was missing the XT32 that SR7008 has. Really easy device to use and does its job well.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks, missed that part, but for $500 there has to be more up to date ones.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks, guys, Keep the thoughts coming. I really appreciate the input.

Yeah. MC, in this case, means multi-channel. I wuz too lazy to spell it out. ...sorry, guys. my bad.

Phono input is nice but not mandatory.

And, I looked at Denon. I would have preferred that since my old one lasted 13 years but they don't offer multi-channel inputs until way out of my price range. Marantz units do, however.

It looks like the SR6008 is in the lead at this point.. Thanks, BSA.
I think refurbished by Marantz with warranty is better than uses.

http://www.amazon.com/Marantz-SR7008-R-Refurbished-Networking-Receiver/dp/B013X197PQ/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1446821451&sr=1-17&keywords=marantz+sr7009

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Mark, too bad you need the MC analog, you meant 7.1 analog outputs right? Anyway you can get around that need?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Mark, too bad you need the MC analog, you meant 7.1 analog outputs right? Anyway you can get around that need?
Not really. I have a SACD player with 5.1 analog outputs. I'd really like a receiver with at 5.1 (or more) analog inputs to take advantage of the few multi channel SACD's I own.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Looking at the link , it says this AVR has Audyssey MultEQ and Audyssey Sub EQ.
Not really. I have a SACD player with 5.1 analog outputs. I'd really like a receiver with at 5.1 (or more) analog inputs to take advantage of the few multi channel SACD's I own.
Will Toslink or HDMI provide multichannel audio from SACD? Does your player predate these connections?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord

Will Toslink or HDMI provide multichannel audio from SACD? Does your player predate these connections?
toslink will not pass SACD, never did, never will. Neither will digital coax.
The only ways are analog or, in some cases, HDMI*, but the latter won't take advantage of the fine DAC's in my SACD player, (Denon DVD 1940CI). Actually, it what WAS a universal player from the days before Blu-Ray.

*If the player sends it and the receiver can decode it. I'm not sure the Marantz can do that. I'm willing to learn, though.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

Based on his response I guess the answer would be no. Toslink and digital coax for sure cannot do it, not even two channel SACD. Some universal player's HMDI can do it. My old DVD-3910's HDMI could do it too though I would always use the Denon Link with my AVR-3805.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
toslink will not pass SACD, never did, never will. Neither will digital coax.
The only ways are analog or, in some cases, HDMI*, but the latter won't take advantage of the fine DAC's in my SACD player, (Denon DVD 1940CI). Actually, it what WAS a universal player from the days before Blu-Ray.

*If the player sends it and the receiver can decode it. I'm not sure the Marantz can do that. I'm willing to learn, though.
I was typing when you were posting. Does the 1940 do Denon Link? I don't think the 1940's DAC would be better than the Denon AVR's 3000 series. I know the 3910 has the Burr Brown 1796 but I am not sure if the 2900 and 1900 series univerals have the same DACs.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I really like my SR6008. It makes my speakers... sound like... stuff. You know, the Denon AVR-X4000 is only $80 more, and lets you step up to Audyssey XT32 + SubEQ HT for dual sub independent correction. (Edit: but as PENG points out, no multichannel analog inputs.)

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis