Anthony Gallo vs. Orb Audio

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Well, one of the systems I was setting up for someone ran into the wife roadblock so all the floorstanders and bookshelves being looked at are out the window. Don't you hate when that happens. Anyways, it's time to look at these high WAF systems; however, we're sticking with the HSU sub. I've seen threads that talk about these two, but no one ever really says why they like one over the other. I've heard Gallo's myself, but never Orbs. I can get either of them for about the same price ($125 per speaker give or take). Has anyone out there ever done an A/B comparison? Thanks!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I cant remember if this was for a scond system or what since you have the MS already.

Well, one of the systems I was setting up for someone ran into the wife roadblock so all the floorstanders and bookshelves being looked at are out the window. Don't you hate when that happens. Anyways, it's time to look at these high WAF systems; however, we're sticking with the HSU sub. I've seen threads that talk about these two, but no one ever really says why they like one over the other. I've heard Gallo's myself, but never Orbs. I can get either of them for about the same price ($125 per speaker give or take). Has anyone out there ever done an A/B comparison? Thanks!

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I cant remember if this was for a scond system or what since you have the MS already.
I'm in the process of setting up a second room for myself and a couple others for friends and relatives, but this one isn't for me. My wife doesn't give me a hard time when it comes to audio stuff :D

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
No one has compared these, whimper :(

We'll have to bite the bullet and just order both. How much could restocking and shipping be on these balls of steel.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I had a chance to hear a couple of Orbs. Great speakers overall. I feel the Gallo's are a tad better and cost a tad more, but can't go wrong either way it seems. Pretty amazing the sound that comes out of these small things.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have not heard these systems, so take this for what it is. But I have heard good things about the Orbs. I like the sleek design of them too. However, according to several reviews, these aren't the ideal speakers for larger rooms, but in a small to medium size room they're probably ok. I've heard too, that the sound coming out of such a small speaker is fantastic!. I actually almost bought a set of these based on what i heard from reputable people. I haven't heard much from the Gallo's though.

A

AbyssalLoris

Audioholic
You should be able to find Gallos at some local dealer. I've seen 'em at a couple, though they were the big funky refs or whatever. Depends on where you live, I guess. No idea about Orb. I didn't hear the Gallos either, as I was not interested. Just saying you might have a chance to listen for yourself.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
However, according to several reviews, these aren't the ideal speakers for larger rooms, but in a small to medium size room they're probably ok.
Definitely true. Those 3" drivers do more than they should already. I was able to compare the Orbs to my Mordaunts as well and obviously the Mordaunts sounded better. Not really a fair comparison, but the Orbs were closer in sound quality to a larger speaker than I would have thought.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis