Anthony Gallo - Back surround speakers

R

rickydrummer

Audiophyte
Dear folks, I am thinking of buying a pair of Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro as the back surround speakers. Do I have to connect it to its own sub-woofer or I can simply connect it to my AV receiver? Any other comment for this set-up? The reason for going this is simply because of its tiny size (fit into my home deco) and good sound quality (I guess it would be much better than Bose??).

Thks!

Beegowl

Beegowl

Junior Audioholic
Surrounds

Generally, the surround speakers are connected to your receiver and designated as small speakers which send the bass signals to the speakers that can reproduce the lower frequency; your main speakers or the subwoofer. Your AV receiver should have speaker connections for the surround speakers.

If you have full range main speakers and a decent sub, you shouldn't have any problem with the setup having good small speakers as surrounds.

D

dreadstar

Audioholic Intern
Surround speakers

I have used with success. (In a small room such as a dorm room) computer sat sub speaker sets for the rear surrounds. They work remarkably well and with a a/b switch they used them on the computer there when not watching movies. So if you can find a spot to hide the small sub that comes with those go for it. But you may wish to set the bass to small for the rear channels.

But experiment with it to find the best balance. Remember it is your ears you have to please not everyone else.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis