ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
After hearing good reviews about them I decided to try them out. I won't bother with the details of putting them together, the process can be found elsewhere.

I just wanted to put in my 2 cents and say that I am rather impressed. The speakers are more tied to a 'sweet spot' to get the bass that I would want from a tower but in those spots (about 12-18 inches off the wall) these speakers are VERY satisfying. I could probably put them in the corner to get more bass out of them but I don't think that is necessary.

Anyone interested in dipping their toe in the DIY tower waters without getting soaked I would recommend these!

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
very nice, is that spray can paint? I heard the tritrix before and have to say they are a great deal, did they ever make a center up for them?

I like the bucket stands, they look just like real buckets with blue lids...

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I like the bucket stands, they look just like real buckets with blue lids...
I think they really set off the room!

Actually they are just the stands that I painted them on, foam brush, ALOT.

People are using the sealed version for a center.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I think they really set off the room!

Actually they are just the stands that I painted them on, foam brush, ALOT.

People are using the sealed version for a center.
+1 on the buckets. I bet that gave some sonic improvements. :p

Looks good. I see that they now dropped the price to $220. It is dang tempting at that price.....I just don't have room for another pair of towers :(

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
If that's all that's stopping you from building them, then you're not a real audioholic :p
Touche!

I suppose there is a bit more to it than that. Time, GF, etc. I guess I would just rather build something truly amazing (ER18, Statements) as I know the Tritrix would not satisfy me for too long.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I may break down and build a pair of these this year. TIME is the only reason why I haven't.

mattsk8

mattsk8

Full Audioholic
Those are a fun build and they do sound incredible for the minor investment. Nice job!!

+1 on the buckets. I bet that gave some sonic improvements. :p

Looks good. I see that they now dropped the price to $220. It is dang tempting at that price.....I just don't have room for another pair of towers :(
Possibly build the MTM, as opposed the MTM/TL. For a pair of 5.25 woofers the bass is pretty good, but not good enough to warrant building the towers IMO. I would be very curious to hear the MTM/TL next to the MTM. I ended up giving the ones I built to my friend who uses them in his living room w/ a cheaper, small, powered sub (he's helped me out a LOT w/ various projects and they were going to get destroyed in my garage). W/ the sub they sound superb :cool:

mattsk8

mattsk8

Full Audioholic
I guess the flip side of that is... if you're going to build an MTM and put it on a stand, why not just have a tower??

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis