Another request for help/opinion(s) (Re: used 805N and possible surround setup)

4thChoice

Audiophyte
Looking at a used pair of 805N w/stands for $2200 (seller indicates not "set" on price) for 2.0 audio on zone 2 of an Anthem 710. Will be using a separate amp to drive the zone 2 speakers.

My question is - what is a fair price for a pair of these? In good shape and no issues.
What is the difference (construction wise and sound wise) between the Nautilus and other series (esp. Diamond)?

I also have a chance at getting a pair of DM601 and a CC6 for $250. Good price? Good match to the 805N? If so, may go 5.1 vice 2.0 in this room. (Long term plan is to do so anyhow, just was not planning to do for awhile.)

Thanks for your input. :confused::cool::confused:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
RE: Prices - if the condition is excellent, I think 50% of the original MSRP is fair to me.

RE: Difference of N vs D - Diamond is supposed to sound better (cost a lot more). But some people don't think the improvement is significant enough to justify the cost.

RE: Matching - I prefer to match the same line (all Nautilus, all Diamond, all CM, all DM, etc.). But they will probably sound just fine anyway. :D

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
I wouldn't pay that for the n series.. 1800 has been a good average price. A good pair of sonus stands run you 60 for pair

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis