another obscure Canadian speaker manufacturer

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Good god! Did you see the pricing for these things?
Too much for me...

Personally, I think they look bulky and obtrusive. I wonder how they sound? Anyone had experience with these?

On the side, after reading through the site and the Goertz site, I urge caution on these bad boys. The Goertz site takes about their foil inductors minimizing skin effect and the prices for their products helps to explain the pricing of the speakers!

A lot of mumbo jumbo to justify the cost.

There's a thread somewhere in this forum about someone who just built a speaker with a similar design.

Just my first impressions from their website and Goertz's website...

-pat

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Starting at $10,000 for a pair of speakers.

Holy hell. Seems like a lot of dough for speakers with single full-range drivers.

Their website has a "copyright 2001" at the bottom.

J

johnmn

Enthusiast
Starting at $10,000 for a pair of speakers.

Holy hell. Seems like a lot of dough for speakers with single full-range drivers.

Their website has a "copyright 2001" at the bottom.
How do they survive ? never heard of them.
Despite we have high quality products, but we, Canadians small population can't achieve economie of scale as US companies, that's why our products costs so high ! For example: our Energy speakers are better than US Polk, but our prices are too high....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I've never heard of this company before nor the product. Seems like we're springing up as many new speaker companies as independent breweries :D
http://www.rlacoustique.com/
I'd love to see some measurements of those speakers:D
55 watts max power? Even with a 100db sensitivity, that is about 116dB spl minus listening distance, perhaps 8 dB. Wonder what its distortion would be if it is .15% at 1 watts:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
what?? WHAT???? I CAN"T HEAR YOUUUUU

I'd love to see some measurements of those speakers:D
55 watts max power? Even with a 100db sensitivity, that is about 116dB spl minus listening distance, perhaps 8 dB. Wonder what its distortion would be if it is .15% at 1 watts:D
I am curious to see what they sound like too. i think this is a speaker for the low power tube guys and low watt class A type amps. Imagine hooking up a brute of a Bryston up to these and letting em rip. "Mommy. Why are my ears bleeding"? :D

A

alexsound

Audioholic
How do they survive ? never heard of them.
Despite we have high quality products, but we, Canadians small population can't achieve economie of scale as US companies, that's why our products costs so high ! For example: our Energy speakers are better than US Polk, but our prices are too high....
Energy better than Polk Audio ? Hmm. Depends on the model.
If you get the chance, audition a pair of LSI25's or LSI15's from Polk. You may develop a different opinion.

J

Jon Lane

Audiophyte
I wonder how they sound? Anyone had experience with these?
I've heard the Lamhorn equipped with the stunning REPS driver. One of the most musically faithful things I've heard in 25 years doing hifi.

Nearly as dynamically faithful as a true horn (to the limits of of a single 8" driver, that is) and as "quick" as a panel, but with the superior imaging of a driver that acts almost like single point source. A revelation.

I know I could live with them myself indefinitely... :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I've never heard of this company before nor the product. Seems like we're springing up as many new speaker companies as independent breweries :D

http://www.rlacoustique.com/
I used to have a picture of those or something very similar (single driver, huge cabinet, super expensive) being driven by the Teac CR-H220 pictured in my sig. I thought they must be very efficient for the Teac to power them.:confused:

J

johnmn

Enthusiast
Energy better than Polk Audio ? Hmm. Depends on the model.
If you get the chance, audition a pair of LSI25's or LSI15's from Polk. You may develop a different opinion.
Canadians don't have much chance to audition various Polk products, we know just what limited we heard. I like Polk Rti6, it is cheaper than Energy RC-10 but IOM, the sound and build quality of RC-10 very solid, clean bass.... It just means that Canadians are very capable to produce high quality products., but somehow people just love US' products better ?!!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Canadians don't have much chance to audition various Polk products, we know just what limited we heard. I like Polk Rti6, it is cheaper than Energy RC-10 but IOM, the sound and build quality of RC-10 very solid, clean bass.... It just means that Canadians are very capable to produce high quality products., but somehow people just love US' products better ?!!
I think the Energy RC series speakers are built better than the RTi series but most reviewers are probably going to say they are not as good as the Polk LSi series such as the LSi 9 & 15. The Energy Veritas are comparable to the LSi but as you said they are more expensive, especially now I assume, with the C$ in par with US$.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
That company is awful. I wouldn't support them regardless of how they speakers sound.

You can't say Energy is better then Polk blah blah, sound it subjective, and you didn't do your test blind. I personally would take the C series Energy speakers over the RTi, let alone the RC series. The Veritas is my current favorite speaker.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis