Andrew jones soundbar

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
It's a very nice sounding system. However it has no subwoofer output in case one wanted to upgrade. Especially considering how good the sound bar itself sounds. Granted the sub it does come with sounds quite good. But it only extends to about 45hz.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
couldn't you just use a splitter and use a wired subwoofer with its own crossover and gain control?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I wonder if it would work with multiple subs?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I don't see why not, the real prblem being how much sub can you put with the sound bar, its not high powered... Also I wonder if you could just buy another small wireless sub and run them both off the same sound bar for duals? I'm sure it is a well banaced system as is, and aimed more towards the "can't stand my tv's speakers" class than the "Home Theater" class...

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
His eponymous speaker line is quite well received, relative to the price, so I imagine this would be a solid value too. Pioneer should reconsider their involvement in the subwoofer end of things though, because the two they've released thus far don't strike me as being worth much of anything. Andrew should probably tell them to get his name off those wimpy little things. :)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
LOL, I agree, but surprisingly, outside of the hardcore ht guys people dont mind boomy, undersized subs... I have had soooo many people say "that is too much bass" and I only use one of my vtf2's turned down to about 3/8's level.... I put both of them on 1/2 gained for iron man 3 and everyone was complaining about it being too much...

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I have had soooo many people say "that is too much bass" and I only use one of my vtf2's turned down to about 3/8's level.... I put both of them on 1/2 gained for iron man 3 and everyone was complaining about it being too much...
Well you're not really supposed to use the gain control on the sub to adjust its volume like that :p Do you use anything to measure how hot you're running the subs under those conditions?

J

JonnyFive23517

Audioholic
LOL, I agree, but surprisingly, outside of the hardcore ht guys people dont mind boomy, undersized subs... I have had soooo many people say "that is too much bass" and I only use one of my vtf2's turned down to about 3/8's level.... I put both of them on 1/2 gained for iron man 3 and everyone was complaining about it being too much...
What are you using for EQ? Is your sub corner loaded? At what frequency are you crossing over? It's possible you're either running it too hot, you have a resonance that is making the bass noticeable, or your crossing over too high. Nobody has ever complained about my SB13 rattling their innards during a movie. I'd guess it's the case that your sub is being noticed for one of the previously mentioned reasons.

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
I've got a Hsu sub too, the VTF-15H, and I think they recommend setting the gains at 9:30 and then running the room correction based on that.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I have the sub set at 1/2 level and then balanced the system with both subs on, but I keep one sub off unless Im watching a movie that needs the sub...

The sound is good, but my wife and her sister always think its way too much... With both subs on and balanced, I keep cracking my ceiling and pulling the fireplace insert onto the floor... Houses just aren't made to be shaken like that, and Im talking about watching a movie loud... I watched Iron man 3 and I like it so no one in the room can talk, no one can hear a phone ring, no one can think about anything but the movie... Like 105db for 2 hours, lol.... Other wise someone is going to ask me something or someone is going to be argueing with their little brother, or my phone will rung 400 times {its rang twice since I started this post}...

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
The sound is good, but my wife and her sister always think its way too much... With both subs on and balanced, I keep cracking my ceiling and pulling the fireplace insert onto the floor... Houses just aren't made to be shaken like that, and Im talking about watching a movie loud... I watched Iron man 3 and I like it so no one in the room can talk, no one can hear a phone ring, no one can think about anything but the movie... Like 105db for 2 hours, lol.... Other wise someone is going to ask me something or someone is going to be argueing with their little brother, or my phone will rung 400 times {its rang twice since I started this post}...
I couldn't agree with you more. Maybe we wouldn't be listening too loud if they could just shut up and watch the movie. In the middle of Lincoln, during a Daniel Day-Lewis(?) soliloquy, does someone really need to ask if "are those real cannons?" or notify me that my sister called and she wants to talk about mom's medication for her heart, when she had 3 hours before I started the movie, to talk about it. :mad:

Combine that with cell phones constantly going off from text messages when my kids and nephews come over and you have the perfect storm of personal craziness. At which point my wife and kids remind me that stress isn't good for my heart. :eek:

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
lol, that is why I need 1700 watts in my ht {1000 from the xpa 5 and another 700 from the subs}. My wife hates it but not as much as I hate not being able to watch a movie.. I love my kids with all my heart but I don;t want to answer 4000 questions while watching a movie, like "could that happen, is that real, my teacher said, my friend said, imagine if, what if, blah blah blah" then add "stop pushing on me, your the one pushing me, sit over there, your feet are touching me, dad his feet are touching me" I will kill myself before the half way point...

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
lol, that is why I need 1700 watts in my ht {1000 from the xpa 5 and another 700 from the subs}. My wife hates it but not as much as I hate not being able to watch a movie.. I love my kids with all my heart but I don;t want to answer 4000 questions while watching a movie, like "could that happen, is that real, my teacher said, my friend said, imagine if, what if, blah blah blah" then add "stop pushing on me, your the one pushing me, sit over there, your feet are touching me, dad his feet are touching me" I will kill myself before the half way point...
:D

The best is halfway thru a movie, my wife, asks "Who's hungry?" like she's the UN social director for famine relief. At which point general mayhem ensues. They order a pizza or sandwiches, my wife is cooking up some home fries, the delivery man makes the delivery and all eyes are on me to "volunteer" to pay, my kids and nephews are inviting their friends to come over to watch this great movie ... HOW WOULD THEY KNOW? ... and the final kicker, "Uh, could we start the movie from the beginning dad/Uncle V?". The kids left the roost years ago but my food budget has actually gone up and it's only a matter of time till my daughter starts popping out some more gremlins of her own. :eek:

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
:D

The best is halfway thru a movie, my wife, asks "Who's hungry?" like she's the UN social director for famine relief. At which point general mayhem ensues. They order a pizza or sandwiches, my wife is cooking up some home fries, the delivery man makes the delivery and all eyes are on me to "volunteer" to pay, my kids and nephews are inviting their friends to come over to watch this great movie ... HOW WOULD THEY KNOW? ... and the final kicker, "Uh, could we start the movie from the beginning dad/Uncle V?". The kids left the roost years ago but my food budget has actually gone up and it's only a matter of time till my daughter starts popping out some more gremlins of her own. :eek:
yup its all bad, I think the best ht setup would be a 5x5ft room with one chair, a 30" tv, and a small 5.1 system, no windows, no doors, you sit in the chair and the room lowers around you...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis