N

ndrew

Audiophyte
i've got a art sla-1 linear amplifier and 2 clark synthesis speaker aw339. The amplifier is connected to my computer output jack. The problem is that i get pratically no sound out of my speakers ! I know not much on audio system. I'm trying to do something good with what i've got. What is your recommendations to get it right.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

That amp has enough power to run those speakers, but the Clark AW339 is not a normal speaker - it's a transducer. So, you need to mount those against a resonance surface. How do you have them mounted?

If they are actually mounted correctly, you can check the following:
* Make sure that the gain dials are turned up on the amp
* Make sure that the volume setting on your computer is adjusted properly

N

ndrew

Audiophyte
they are mounted on my spa shell... and the only way to get sound out of the speaker is to pre amplify the computer signal with an other amplifier... i don't understand why

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Gotcha. Where do you have the front dials set on the amp? If you set them to zero, there won't be any attenuation in the output. The more counterclockwise you turn those dials, the more the signal will be attenuated and the less sound you'll get.

N

ndrew

Audiophyte
ok, don't worry , i'm not so stupid ! loll
Do you know what is special with linear amplifiers ?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wasn't trying to imply that you're stupid. :D Not knowing you, I don't know how tech savvy you are, so I was hitting the basics first.

jinjuku

jinjuku

i've got a art sla-1 linear amplifier and 2 clark synthesis speaker aw339. The amplifier is connected to my computer output jack. The problem is that i get pratically no sound out of my speakers ! I know not much on audio system. I'm trying to do something good with what i've got. What is your recommendations to get it right.
The ART SLA-1 uses a balanced connection and therefore may need more voltage to make output than the computer is going to put out.

If looking for a cheap as possible solution you could try this:
Lexicon Alpha | Sweetwater.com

There is a host of great solutions in the $300-$500 range.

N

ndrew

Audiophyte
so what about a signal booster... would it do the job ? and what are your suggestions ?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis