Amplifer connecting to a receiver

G

Guggz

Audiophyte
Hi guys quick question I have a pioneer a 30k amplifier and I am interested in getting the VSX-529k receiver, my question is could I use the receiver to power my 2 kef speakers and the A 30 amplifier to power my sub as the amp has the correct 4 ohm impendence rating

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Personally, I don't think that's enough power to drive a subwoofer to normal levels

Also I'm also not too sure if it can be bridged and, if it can, how well it would play with those speakers.

A bridged amp would see that four ohm speaker as a two ohm speaker which generally means death to a bridged amp.

but, if you only use one channel you should be safe.

G

Guggz

Audiophyte
Thanks for the reply, I have checked with the manufacturer and the amp can play it on one channel so my kef speakers would have to be played through the receiver but I'm not sure if connecting the amp and receiver will mean that the receivers front L/R channels will play through the amplifier?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for the reply, I have checked with the manufacturer and the amp can play it on one channel so my kef speakers would have to be played through the receiver but I'm not sure if connecting the amp and receiver will mean that the receivers front L/R channels will play through the amplifier?
Connect the LFE out of your receiver to one AUX in on the A 30 amp and connect the sub to the corresponding speaker terminal. Connect the KEFs to the right and left speaker terminals of the receiver.

What is your sub? 70 watts is not much power for a lot of subs.

G

Guggz

Audiophyte
Connect the LFE out of your receiver to one AUX in on the A 30 amp and connect the sub to the corresponding speaker terminal. Connect the KEFs to the right and left speaker terminals of the receiver.

What is your sub? 70 watts is not much power for a lot of subs.
The LFE out is the same as the sub out from the receiver right? Im using an old car subwoofer but its very sensitive and I know people who have been using them in their 5.1 set ups so I think it should work

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
The LFE out is the same as the sub out from the receiver right? Im using an old car subwoofer but its very sensitive and I know people who have been using them in their 5.1 set ups so I think it should work
LFe is the same as sub out.

It is rare for a car sub to make a reasonable HT sub. Car subs are designed for the gain you get in a small space. They get "lost" in a room as rule.

G

Guggz

Audiophyte
LFe is the same as sub out.

It is rare for a car sub to make a reasonable HT sub. Car subs are designed for the gain you get in a small space. They get "lost" in a room as rule.
Thanks I understand how to make it work now much appreciated,
The room it's going to be in isn't that big but could you recommend any budget subs as this system will be in my holiday home?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
If you don't already have a sub and are looking to buy one, just buy a powered sub to begin with. they are cheaper than you think.

Where are you located and define "budget" in a dollar amount.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis