Amp to power passive Subs

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I was thinking about getting this Crown XLi 2500 - 1,500W (XLI Series 750W Power Amp) - Specs @ Yahoo Shopping amp to power my Isobaric subs. Is this a good choice or should I consider some other amp. Recommended power for the subs is 1200 watts+. I am using a Cinepro 1k2 to power these subs for now (which sounds great), amp puts out 350 watts into 8 ohms and 500 watts into 4 ohms, but I need that amp to power my rears.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
We have had a very long threads regarding using pro-amps in home audio and I strongly believe that Crown XLS series is as close as regular home user could get a pro amp and use it easily at home.
1200W into 4 ohm for each of two subs? I think it would be good option to go with pair of XLS 1500. At 4 Ohm bridged they output 1500w each

Just ask Jinuku

p.s: this is one of the thread i have mentioned:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/amps-pre-pros-receivers/79978-crown-xls-drivecore-thread.html

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was thinking about getting this Crown XLi 2500 - 1,500W (XLI Series 750W Power Amp) - Specs @ Yahoo Shopping amp to power my Isobaric subs. Is this a good choice or should I consider some other amp. Recommended power for the subs is 1200 watts+. I am using a Cinepro 1k2 to power these subs for now (which sounds great), amp puts out 350 watts into 8 ohms and 500 watts into 4 ohms, but I need that amp to power my rears.
Crown XLS amps make excellent choice IMO.

Another good choice is the Dayton sub amp.
Dayton Audio SA1000 Subwoofer Amplifier Rack Mountable | 300-811#

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
We have had a very long threads regarding using pro-amps in home audio and I strongly believe that Crown XLS series is as close as regular home user could get a pro amp and use it easily at home.
1200W into 4 ohm for each of two subs? I think it would be good option to go with pair of XLS 1500. At 4 Ohm bridged they output 1500w each

Just ask Jinuku

p.s: this is one of the thread i have mentioned:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/amps-pre-pros-receivers/79978-crown-xls-drivecore-thread.html
The subs are rated at 8 ohms, could I still use XLS 1500 in bridged mode. Would it be safe?

pdxrealtor

pdxrealtor

Audioholic Intern
Ive got a group buy going on for the PEAVY IPR2 series amps. Another great pro audio amp. Im most likely grabbing a couple for my front mains, and have the 7500 for my subs.

Class D just like the crown, but does not have the connection flexibility of the Crown. Thats no biggie though really.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
For now I am using a Cinepro 1K2 which is 350 watts into 8 ohms and 500 watts into 4 ohms with 3.5 db of head room. For now I have to use this amp (which does sound good) till I have the funds to pick up an AB International 800.2 from a friend of mine. The subs are rated at 8 ohms and the builder does recommend to use 1200+watts to get the fullest out of the subs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis