C

caoauto

Enthusiast
I am new here. Please let me know if iam in the wrong place. I Just bought an amplifier from ebay, it is very heavy 150lbs total after pack. Any way, after open the box it all broken. I call up the UPS, they said they will come out to pick it up, then I wait 1 day, not thing happen, then I call them again they said they will send some one out to verify but not pick it up, and go from there.
My question is, are you going to lose the hold deal? I do have insurance on it though, 3500.00 is just haft of what I pay for.
Now, I don't have any music at all until they figure out, no money to buy another, very sad. Sit around and very worry about loose all the money.
Is it happen to any one here like that?, what is it come out???
I will appreciated any inform. Thanks

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
What kind of amp is it and where did you buy it from?

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
caoauto said:
I am new here. Please let me know if iam in the wrong place. I Just bought an amplifier from ebay, it is very heavy 150lbs total after pack. Any way, after open the box it all broken. I call up the UPS, they said they will come out to pick it up, then I wait 1 day, not thing happen, then I call them again they said they will send some one out to verify but not pick it up, and go from there.
My question is, are you going to lose the hold deal? I do have insurance on it though, 3500.00 is just haft of what I pay for.
Now, I don't have any music at all until they figure out, no money to buy another, very sad. Sit around and very worry about loose all the money.
Is it happen to any one here like that?, what is it come out???
I will appreciated any inform. Thanks
I am assuming that the shipper is a standard UPS shipper, processed the goods for shipment and reported the valuation for insurance purposes? And you, being the smart buyer, paid by credit card?

If so..... the shipper most likely insured the goods at or near his/her cost. Standard industry procedure. UPS will want to resolve the claim with the shipper. Again standard industry procedure (hence the insuring the goods at or near the shippers cost).

High volume companies, and reputatable companies, will quickly resolve this problem, and for some companies, replacement products are shipped on the very same day as a damage claim is issued.

So don't worry.

But, a couple of problem areas....

You bought a high value item from ebay. In my book, a big mistake. To many sellers on ebay do not have enough volume of inventory to back up a damage item with a quick ship replacement part. If the seller is drop shipping the item, the manufacturers fraud detection system has just kicked into high gear. That doesn't mean you won't get a replacement, just that a bean counter at the manufacturer is now protecting the companies bottom line from possible fraud. Such cases could take a few days to resolve.

Secondly, from your post, it appears that "hidden" damage has occurred. UPS just loves that word... hidden. It seems like the fraud bells go off at UPS every time the word hidden is whispered.

Not trying to worry you.... this is a normal problem with UPS (and FedEx and DHL etc). In my company we have a relatively low rate of damage, something on the order of 1 per 4,000 packages, with most of those being lost by UPS, detected by UPS prior to delivery, or detected at the time of delivery by the customer. We insure EVERYTHING, most of our claims are for a portion of the total value insured, yet in the 3 or 4 times in recent memory that hidden damage was detected by the customer, UPS has, almost like a gag reflex, denied the damage claim. In each of those cases, my customers had replacement equipment within a few days, and we let the lawyers hash out the settlement months later.

How this problem is resolved is actually reflective of the vendor rather than UPS.

Remember my question about the credit card? VISA/MasterCard can be your best friend in the event of a vendor that is a bit slow to resolve the problem.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis