Amp assistance to upgrade ht system

B

brandon123

Enthusiast
Hi, I need help choosing whether to keep my 5 Outlaw monoblock amps for my Polk RTi 12 and 10 system or buy an emotiva xpa gen 3 5 channel system or Marantz 7705 amps? Also, I need to sell my demon 3806 avr and get a new one like an Yamaha 2606 or a separate processor from marantz or emotiva xmc-1 or other brand and buy a oppo 205 and sell my denon one. Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi, I need help choosing whether to keep my 5 Outlaw monoblock amps for my Polk RTi 12 and 10 system or buy an emotiva xpa gen 3 5 channel system or Marantz 7705 amps? Also, I need to sell my demon 3806 avr and get a new one like an Yamaha 2606 or a separate processor from marantz or emotiva xmc-1 or other brand and buy a oppo 205 and sell my denon one. Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated!
Take a deep breath, reorganize your thoughts, and try that again. There's a lot going on with this post and it's kinda hard to tell where to start...

If you have 5 mono blocks why are you considering a 5 ch amp? You want a new receiver too? Is something wrong with your current system? What exactly, are you trying to "fix"?

B

brandon123

Enthusiast
Take a deep breath, reorganize your thoughts, and try that again. There's a lot going on with this post and it's kinda hard to tell where to start...

If you have 5 mono blocks why are you considering a 5 ch amp? You want a new receiver too? Is something wrong with your current system? What exactly, are you trying to "fix"?
Hi, I have an old denon 3805 avr and older tv that I plan to upgrade to 4K and high def, so my ht system is old and looking to upgrade everything in the process. Maybe get new speakers, these polks are huge but can keep them and upgrade with a better amp system and processor for the new ht and tv. Thanks!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi, I have an old denon 3805 avr and older tv that I plan to upgrade to 4K and high def, so my ht system is old and looking to upgrade everything in the process. Maybe get new speakers, these polks are huge but can keep them and upgrade with a better amp system and processor for the new ht and tv. Thanks!
Denon X4300 is a great receiver. They were 799, but they sold pretty fast. If you dig a little you might still find one. I linked that page because there's some info about the new 3400's available for $599 on the second page.

If your monoblock setup still works I see no real reason to replace them unless you just want new. I wouldn't expect any improvement in sound quality unless there's something wrong with the ones you have now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Check this out. Marantz SR6011. It's a refurb, but comes with a 3 yr warranty. They had a similar special a month or 2 ago and I bought one. It's a very nice receiver. Full set of preouts for your amps, newer codecs, 4k passthrough and Audyssey MultEQ XT32. I love mine.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Which monoblocks do you have? If they are the 200w at 8ohm version that outlaw currently sells I wouldn't get rid of them. You wouldn't really be upgrading as you would be buying a single 5ch amp instead of 5 mono amps.

B

brandon123

Enthusiast
No this is another system, I have two question I posted.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis