William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not yet but it's in my dvr. Looks good. Glad to see you're diggin it. I'll take it as a good sign.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
+1. It looks it's going to be an Awesome show. Mentioned it a bit earlier in What you watching tonight thread.
Minor Spoilers: Mr Wednesday, usually goes by a different name, which gets mentioned a lot in Germanic and Nordic mythology....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Nice. I'll share some thoughts once I check it out.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
+1. It looks it's going to be an Awesome show. Mentioned it a bit earlier in What you watching tonight thread.
Minor Spoilers: Mr Wednesday, usually goes by a different name, which gets mentioned a lot in Germanic and Nordic mythology....
Wodin? As in "Wodin's Day"...? Yup I knew that. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Minor Spoilers:

Like in the beginning when they showed vikings? :)

And they carved a wooden statue of him? :D

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Yup. a couple days before Tiw's Day. :D
Tyr the One-Handed (Odin's son), Odin, Thor, and Frigg (queen of the gods) are the gods for whom Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are named, according to Neil Gaiman (Norse Mythology, "An Introduction").

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Tyr the One-Handed (Odin's son), Odin, Thor, and Frigg (queen of the gods) are the gods for whom Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are named, according to Neil Gaiman (Norse Mythology, "An Introduction").
Yeah, I learned that... somewhere. Always thought it was a cool little factoid.

*Edit: Had not heard of Tyr's Day though. This is what I found.

"The name Tuesday derives from the Old English "Tiwesdæg" and literally means "Tiw's Day". Tiw is the Old English form of the Proto-Germanic god *Tîwaz, or Týr in Norse, a god of war and law."

I guess it was derived from the Norse mythology, but there are a few different versions.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
...Týr is a Germanic god associated with law and heroic glory in Norse mythology, portrayed as one-handed. Corresponding names in other Germanic languages are Gothic Teiws, Old English Tīw and Old High German Ziu and Cyo, all from Proto-Germanic *Tīwaz. The Latinised name is rendered as Tius or Tio and also formally as Mars Thincsus....

...Tiw was equated with Mars in the interpretatio germanica. Tuesday is "Tīw's Day"...

Sunday = Sun's Day
Monday = Moon's Day
Tuesday = Tiw/ Tius/ Tyr = God of War (son of Odin)
Wednesday = Wodin = Odin
Thursday = Thor = God of thunder (son of Odin)
Friday = Frigg = goddess (wife of Odin)
Saturday = Saturn/Cronus = God of Agriculture & Time (father of Zeus, Poseidon, Hades)

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the refresher course on the day naming thing, been a while. Signed up for the Starz freebie thing to get a taste of this so watched ep. 1 & 2. Interesting so far and nice eye and especially ear candy so far....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I haven't checked it out yet. Looks like the kind of thing I'd get into.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Saw E02 the other day. Still loving it. Love Gillian Anderson as the Media God. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just finished EP3. The show just getting better and better.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Fair enough
Whoops, I must have been out of it. I read Crnobog instead of Czerrobog. Sorry. :oops:

EDIT: Now I see the spelling is under contention. Czerno is close enough to crno that I think it means black. Bog is God.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis