AMC's Into the Badlands

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For those who are sick of the Netflix's Marvel/ Martial Art's offerings, you might want to sample AMC's Into the Badlands series.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Like I said in the other thread, I watched the whole first season. It's a decent show, and the martial arts choreography is top notch.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I enjoyed it, will watch more when they get the next season out.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I enjoyed it, will watch more when they get the next season out.
Season 2?

They are on S02E06 this Sunday.

I'm glad S02 has 10 episodes, instead of 6.

Hopefully AMC will expand it to 16 episodes per season like The Walking Dead & Breaking Bad.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Season 2?

They are on S02E06 this Sunday.

I'm glad S02 has 10 episodes, instead of 6.

Hopefully AMC will expand it to 16 episodes per season like The Walking Dead & Breaking Bad.
I was thinking more of when it's available on Netflix for streaming, as that's how I watched season 1. Very nice not to have to bother zipping thru the commercials with the remote. Didn't like it on the level of Fargo, BB or BCS....I can wait :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry, English is not my native language, what are these commercials you're referring to? I don't think I ever saw one of these on my Plex.
Then with this strange "Plex" thing I would assume it doesn't tune in the commercial-laden channel "AMC" :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was thinking more of when it's available on Netflix for streaming, as that's how I watched season 1. Very nice not to have to bother zipping thru the commercials with the remote. Didn't like it on the level of Fargo, BB or BCS....I can wait :)
I am saving up on "Fargo" & "Better Call Saul" episodes to binge-watch at the end of their seasons. :D

I couldn't do this for "Into the Badlands" because my daughter just couldn't wait. Kids these days have no patience. :D

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Then with this strange "Plex" thing I would assume it doesn't tune in the commercial-laden channel "AMC" :)
Well, I stopped short of adding tuner/DVR support, but all AMC shows which I would like to watch, somehow magically get added to my plex. I literally open a webpage, as tell to get me all episodes of , well Badlands in 720p for example, and some how soon after they appear there all by themself. Must be some wizardry or black magic. And no - I don't do torrents

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am saving up on "Fargo" & "Better Call Saul" episodes to binge-watch at the end of their seasons. :D
I just can't do it and the first episode of Fargo, and first two of BCS, was such a tease. :)
Well, I stopped short of adding tuner/DVR support, but all AMC shows which I would like to watch, somehow magically get added to my plex. I literally open a webpage, as tell to get me all episodes of , well Badlands in 720p for example, and some how soon after they appear there all by themself. Must be some wizardry or black magic. And no - I don't do torrents
Does it eliminate the commercials magically too?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just can't do it and the first episode of Fargo, and first two of BCS, was such a tease. :)

Does it eliminate the commercials magically too?
You can find good quality streams hosted on different sites that are commercial free. I'm wondering if plex is like a video search engine.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've never looked into Plex, but it appears to be more than I thought it was....off to go look at some details...thanks.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
...the first episode of Fargo, and first two of BCS, was such a tease. :)
That's exactly why I binge watch the full season. :D

But the main reason I can do this is because I already have other shows lined up to watch now. By the time I'm done watching those other shows, Fargo & BCS season finales will be done. ;)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
You can find good quality streams hosted on different sites that are commercial free. I'm wondering if plex is like a video search engine.
Kodi with Exodus could do what you thinking about.
Plex is more of media organizer, player and streamer for data you already have (last one is crucial if you're on mobile device with not so great reception, you could choose various bitrate/quality to match you cellphone network performance)
Another interesting aspect of Plex is what you could invite friends and friends could invite you into their libraries.
Since few versions ago all streaming and access is done with SSL.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Going back to original topic: Into the Badlands - It's ok TV show, but man - fighting choreography is simply awesome. Easily makes up for honestly quite average story and acting.

Light spoilers: Think of Georgia/South Carolina but US Civil War never happen and martial arts replaced all guns.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Into the Badlands - IMDB rating of 8.1 (20,784+ votes).

1. Apocalyptic world
2. Mutations - mutant powers/super-human abilities
3. Awesome martial arts & weapons - no guns or bombs
4. Great looking people
5. Great looking cinematography/landscapes/backgrounds

But as mentioned, the weakest link is probably the story, which is the weakest link to any movie or show.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's exactly why I binge watch the full season. :D

But the main reason I can do this is because I already have other shows lined up to watch now. By the time I'm done watching those other shows, Fargo & BCS season finales will be done. ;)
You have some nice long term planning going there....and patience!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis