Alternate for Rythmik question

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I am looking at a Rythmik F12 for a 2.1 hifi music system only. I will be matching this with Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 speakers.
Is there any other sub out there that is NON SERVO that will come close to the quality of sound from the Rythmik? Maybe like a SVS SB2000. It's less expensive too. Help me out if you can.
Thanks

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
No problem. In fact I have a Martin Logan Grotto that is Servo driven. It's a bit old and I would like to put it back in the HT set up when I purchase a new sub for my 2.1

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Since you didn't state a budget....& budget permits...I'd say the SB13u...I've had it now going on 3 months and its the best sounding sub...Ive heard to date. IIRC you're using either a pre/pro or integrated amp for the Sierra 2's...the SB13u will give you a lot of flexibility to finely tune your sub to suit your needs it has tons of adjustments with a touch of a button.

I've already stated, if I was going to build another setup the S2 & SB13u...is the way I'd go. Don't get me wrong...lots of excellent less expensive options available but IMO not at the same build quality & SQ of the SB13

Re, Bill

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
HSU ULS15 or dual sb1000's would be my picks for music.........

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Can anyone answer this. Will the Rthmik F12 give me a better sound than my current Martin Logan Grotto?

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
To answer the budget question. I am trying my best to keep it under 1000.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Then...I would stick with the Rythmik F12...if staying under a grand. Rythmik was my radar just a few months ago, I know several Ascend owners used them and likely for a good reason. I happen to know that a few us(Sierra owners) are using PSA subs as well...like the XV15. One of them in particular recently added the S2 with a single XV15 and looking to add a second...I currently have the XS30. The SB13 only came up because I know it will easily keep pace with the S2's and sound fantasic doing so & provide that added bass...you desire!

If you're looking at sealed units to go along with the one's already mentioned above...another vote of consideration for the PSA xs15.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't given out any negative rep in a while, except to spammers.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Steve, you love that time out, lol I never seen anyone on probation before until you became a mod, you guys should change it to "time out" instead of probation, with a little timer, when my kids were younger and went into time out we had a little timer next to the "time out chair"...

I think Mo just wants to get banned since he seen the insults under his name...

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
steve's new. :D

one day he'll discover trolls are just trolls, there's no hope for them.

i was like him once ...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis