Almost a clean slate. Axiom vs Aperion? Opinions

G

Geek2Me

Audiophyte
First hello to all...long time reader first post.

Moving into a new home and wife has blessed me with a room..... So here comes the HT finally.

Room is 17ft by 23ft with 9 ft ceilings. No windows and double doors dead center of back wall. Thats the canvas.

In order not to kill her to quickly with spending would like to keep my sub SVS PC 20-39 plus, as well as the Pioneer VSX-1014TX AVR, 110Wx7 I think.

Planning on the Epson Home Cinema 1080 with Bright White Screen from Da-lite since its a pretty dark room.

Feel free to fire away at any of the above stuff as well.

My big problem is with the speakers. After reading lots I am torn betwen Axiom Epic Grand Master 500 and Aperion Intumus 633 Cinema XD. Both are close to 2k without the sub. Thoughts? Other recommendations? Questions....Fire away!

Thanks in advance

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
IMO the first step is to audition every speaker you can in your price range that is sold in your area. I have nothing against ID speakers as I have a Rocket sub, but after a few local auditions you have a better understanding of what turns you on, and you may find something you really like at a local brick and mortar.

Nick

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats to you on your adventure to the dedicated HT room....

Well I can't say as I have heard either... But I have read great things about both makers... I would have to tip the scales in the favor of the Axiom with having far more followers in general...

I personally would skip on over to the Axiom forum and see if anyone in your area would allow a In home audition... Most Axiom owners are very proud of their speakers... Where abouts do you live..?

On a second note..
That room is calling your name for a second 20-39 plus... :)

Good Luck...

Warp

G

Geek2Me

Audiophyte
Thanks...Hoping to hear from more though

Thanks so far... And Warp that 2nd sub might cost me that new room. Of course my B-day is in Sept ;)

I am in Austin Tx and moving to Rockwall, near Dallas where that new room awaits if anyone is near there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis