Alien Isolation - great sound design

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I played through the game Alien Isolation. I just want to say here that the sound design was outstanding, in some ways as good as a big budget movie. If you have a hi-fi surround sound system, and you want to hear how good games can sound, give Alien Isolation a try. Play it loud too! This game is great too look at and great to hear too.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I played through the game Alien Isolation. I just want to say here that the sound design was outstanding, in some ways as good as a big budget movie. If you have a hi-fi surround sound system, and you want to hear how good games can sound, give Alien Isolation a try. Play it loud too! This game is great too look at and great to hear too.
I now have a conundrum when it comes to PC gaming. I now have a VERY awesome 21:9 3440x1440 120hz G-Sync monitor and as far as video goes, it's the best my games have ever looked. However, I only have stereo desktop speakers. I used to have a four point surround setup that required that I pull two speakers out on stands and place them behind me. Had it for close to 20 years (creative Cambridge soundworks) and it was very good. My current setup sounds better, but is just stereo.

In the same office/den I've got my 65" 1080p plasma and a full 5.1 (minus center) that sounds very nice. Might have to get a couch buddy to let me game on the couch.

I have a full Atmos setup in the theater and have an Nvidia shield TV that can stream games, but I'm a keyboard and mouse guy. Haven't tried it yet, but I hope to soon. I really look forward to when I get a 4k projector.

First world problems...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis