Alex Jones Infowars lawsuit

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Okay, okay, you talked me into it. I will now demonstrate that I really am not a bankruptcy lawyer ;)

A major issue will be whether or not the damages can be discharged . . . With regards to discharge, my prediction is no. I doubt that a court would want to reward Jones for a default judgement (this is just my initial reaction to the issue).

. . .

Perhaps it's time for a warm fuzzy bedtime story about Jones's lawyers getting screwed?
I (mostly) guessed correctly on this (yeah, thanks for calling me out on this @Swerd!)(I will readily concede that the outcome on this issue was far from clear).

Today's episode of "Alex Jones Has His A$$ Handed to him in Court" is brought to you courtesy of Judge Lopez:

>>>“It is irrelevant that the state court could have awarded damages on reckless acts. What is important is what the court actually did,” Judge Jones (sic, Judge Lopez) wrote in the Connecticut plaintiffs’ order. Brushing aside Jones’s procedural claims, he granted partial summary judgement, holding that the $965 million jury award for compensatory damages and the $150 million of judicially imposed punitive damages under the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act are not dischargeable under US Bankruptcy Code.<<<(emphasis added)

Hmmmm . . . schadenfreude.

I think a warm fuzzy story about Alex Jones's lawyers getting screwed is probably in the works, but this will have to do for tonight.

Edit: The article at abovethelaw.com incorrectly refers to "judge Jones." The judge is Christopher Lopez:

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis