Airplay AND DNLA help

C

cevichekilla

Audiophyte
Hello,

need some advice here...
Looking to be able to stream music from my Galaxy phone as well as my wife's iphone to my home receiver. The receiver is a 5y old Denon and does not have integrated wifi. I don't want to use Bluetooth as the quality is not the best. The only way I see this working is if I can find a box that can take Airplay and also DNLA and then connect the box via optical or coax to my receiver. Problem is I can't seem to find a box that has both Airplay and DNLA. Are there any other ways to do this???
Any thoughts would be incredibly helpful!

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
You could setup a home network to stream music to your receiver through an Internet Radio/Network Music Player, like these:

Internet Radio | Grace Digital

This one here, Tuner Wi-Fi Radio Wireless Radio & Media Streamer | Grace Digital, has the best quality sound (optical), though not the best user interface. However, they have an app for both iphones and droids that greatly improve the interface.

If you have a home computer(s) I would keep all the music, you and your wife's, on it to simplify things. You probably already have your music backed up on a computer.

There are other brands out there too like Logitech, Denon, Cambridge, Sangean, that have similar type devices for varying prices.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis