Affordable Accuracy Loudspeakers

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The Affordable Accuracy Loudspeakers (AAL's) are now available for purchase and at a very reasonable cost. Pretty good idea considering Christmas is right around the corner ;)

Philharmonic Audio

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Makes me wish that I'd read that thread about these. :D I'm absolutely intrigued, but I'm still happy with mine and like the looks of what I have better. That said, these sure seem like a sweet upgrade to base model Pioneers for that price! How much is shipping (sorry if it's listed and I missed it)?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Makes me wish that I'd read that thread about these. :D I'm absolutely intrigued, but I'm still happy with mine and like the looks of what I have better. That said, these sure seem like a sweet upgrade to base model Pioneers for that price! How much is shipping (sorry if it's listed and I missed it)?
AFAIK shipping is done on a per customer basis. Distance from Dennis who is on the East coast will be a factor, but they are fairly light so it shouldn't be too bad.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
I think my webmeister kind of jumped the gun on these. We still have to iron out some issues with the plots that have been posted. Stay tuned for another take. But the general description and prices are correct.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I think my webmeister kind of jumped the gun on these. We still have to iron out some issues with the plots that have been posted. Stay tuned for another take. But the general description and prices are correct.
I was wandering why I could only find them via the link - because I tried to find them by
going straight to the sight. Also, the +/- 3 db in the details did not look right.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
I was wandering why I could only find them via the link - because I tried to find them by
going straight to the sight. Also, the +/- 3 db in the details did not look right.
The db tolerance that is given is correct. Although most of the response lies within a +/- 1 dB window, I was allowing for a roll-off in certain rooms of -3dB at the very bottom end, and also for some peaks and dips that would occur with the grills in place.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
I am currently using a pair of BS-22's as surrounds with my Philharmonic 2's in my "theater". Since rears and fronts seldom handle the same content, they sound fine to me. I don't notice any issue with the rear channels. I have also tried to use a BS-22 ( I have two pairs) as a center and it sounds terrible compared to the Philharmonics. Phantom, while not perfect, sounds much, much better to me than a BS-22 in front. I just might end up buying another DM speaker because a fairly neutral center for $90 is impossible to beat and truly insane - especially if it matches better than my BS-22.

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
Mr. Garcia should pick up a pair and A-B them with the stock pair :).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Mr. Garcia should pick up a pair and A-B them with the stock pair :).
Now that I have the 52s to replace my 22s in the second setup, I may just send my 22s over to Dennis for the mod :) Then I wouldn't be able to A/B though...so maybe I'll just pick a pair up because I've been curious about them ever since he first discussed the mod for the 52s.

So can we actually order them now Dennis?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Now that I have the 52s to replace my 22s in the second setup, I may just send my 22s over to Dennis for the mod :) Then I wouldn't be able to A/B though...so maybe I'll just pick a pair up because I've been curious about them ever since he first discussed the mod for the 52s.
Then you can sell your stock BS22 - cheaper to buy the complete set from him

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Dennis re-posts the on-axis measurement and it looks like this:

Horrible speaker measurement.gif

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
If that is the case - then I will change my mind :) - there is an older Andrew Jones
designed Pioneer, the SDF-1K - however, only 1 available at this time on Ebay > A
good price for $100 > I use to own the SDF-2K and the SDF series is nice - The 2k
had a 10 element crossover inside. Also, the SDF series sold for more than the Pio
phase (1) and phase (2) Pioneer speakers. > There were 3 different bookshelf pairs
with 5, 6 and 8 inch woofers - from $179 to $299. The center $189 - Sub $399.
S-DF2-K - ISO-Drive Bookshelf Loudspeaker (Pair) | Pioneer Electronics USA

Picture of SDF-1K >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Andrew with the series >>>>>>>>>>>> center >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 10" Subwoofer

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Dennis re-posts the on-axis measurement and it looks like this:

View attachment 12813
I've checked and rechecked my measurements, and I swear there is no dip at 62 Hz. It appears that I've completely bought out all of the Pioneers from my supply source, along with the tweeters. They hope to get them back in by Monday, and then I can fill more orders. I'm selling lots more of these $150 speakers than my $3500 jobs. Go figure.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis