Aerial Acoustics 7B's FS!

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Here is a chance to acquire a pair of world-class speakers at a bargain basement price.

I have for sale a lovely pair of Aerial Acoustic model 7B's in Natural Cherry veneer. Included with them are a pair of Sound Anchor stands (stainless steel spikes included). They have consecutive serial numbers.

These speakers were a dealer demo and new until they fell victim to the UPS gorillas when I bought them two months ago and had them shipped to me. You can see from the pictures that they still look mostly lovely. They perform exactly as new, the only issues are cosmetic.

Here are the details of the damage. They were shipped with the stands attached (a no-no). When one carton was dropped, the stand partially pulled out one of the stand connectors. Everything on that speaker has been repaired so that it is invisible, firmly and securely attaches to the stand, and is perfectly straight. The second speaker was dropped on its corners. You can see the close-up of the damage. All damage is superficial, does not penetrate into the cabinet, and in no way affects the speakers performance. The cabinet is made of TWO inch thick MDF all around, except for the baffle, which is 1" thick. There are two minor veneer nicks in the rear tops of the speakers, but they're not noticeable unless looking directly at the backs. The plastic pin that holds grill on is broken in half (still works) on the corner nearest the damage.

Everything else is lovely and as is brand new. These are fantastic, high performance speakers with solid neutrality and are quite transparent in presentation. Specs may be found here ---> http://www.aerialacoustics.com/

These would be a terrific and inexpensive upgrade for anyone with a talent for repairing veneer...or even for anyone with a home theater where the speakers are hidden and the veneer damage is not an issue. Even someone with a little sewing skill could make a short "booty", perhaps of black speaker cloth, to cover the top of the damaged speaker (or both to make them identical).

The cost....

Aerial 7B's cost $5,500/pair and the stands are an additional $500. So this is a $6K system. I don't have said repair skills, nor a wife that tolerates imperfections. So here is your chance to score. 7B's in cherry sell USED on Agon for ~$2,200-2,800. My price to Audioholics and AVS members only...$1,500 plus shipping (and Paypal fees if paid that way).

Here are all the pics. PM me if you're interested or desire more information. Good cheer.

Tomorrow.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Wow

how sad, because you were so looking forward to those speakers:(. Oh well, I'm asuming you'll be able to repair that fence now, after they're sold?:D

Good Luck :)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I'm motivated to sell. I need to get these out of the way...under orders from the missus. :eek:

The price for the Aerial Acoustics 7B's has been slashed to $1350!

These are new dealer demo speakers that sell for $6,000...and they perform like it!

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
I know this is absolutely no help to you...but in a about 2 months I would be all over these! Dang the poor timing. Good luck!!!

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I know this is absolutely no help to you...but in a about 2 months I would be all over these! Dang the poor timing. Good luck!!!
You never know! :) So far, it looks like people are saving their tax "rebate" checks. :cool:

J

jamie2112

Banned
Well if they get down to 1100 or so I will most likely pick them up. I know someone who can fix the damage, but I just can't afford it this week but I could in a week or 2. If they are around in a few weeks I may pick them up from you.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Well if they get down to 1100 or so I will most likely pick them up. I know someone who can fix the damage, but I just can't afford it this week but I could in a week or 2. If they are around in a few weeks I may pick them up from you.
I'll letcha know, Jamie.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
LOL! It is a race to the finish! Who can get the money together first? Well, I have to put together my HT room and although these fit into the budget the wife gave me...I have to do the purchasing in a "phased" approach and I won't be able to buy audio stuff for about 2 months. If Jamie doesn't take them by then I will come calling.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Where are you located?

What a shame to damage such nice speakers. These look similar to ADS L1090/1290/1590 speakers for a good reason, they were designed by the same person.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Damn, that's a shame. I've heard a pair of those and they are very nice speakers.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Where are you located?

What a shame to damage such nice speakers. These look similar to ADS L1090/1290/1590 speakers for a good reason, they were designed by the same person.
I'm in coastal Oregon, Duffinator. Yeah, it was a huge heartbreak. I've sent the one with the veneer damage out to a furniture repair guy to see what he can do. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Apparently that's the kind of repair person I should have been looking at all along...rather than the cabinet guys I asked.

ADS has been around a long time...I'll have to look those models up. Thanks for the information.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
Well, hopefully for you this guy will do a good job and you wont have to get rid of them. Either way, I am still trying to pull together the funding for these.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Well, hopefully for you this guy will do a good job and you wont have to get rid of them. Either way, I am still trying to pull together the funding for these.
Thanks, ivseenbetter. I'm anxiously awaiting....maybe tomorrow....:eek:

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not sure these are for sale any longer. We just got back the 7B that had the veneer damage repaired. Furniture repair guys are the way to go. Forget cabinet people. Check THIS out!

J

jamie2112

Banned
Wow thats a heck of a nice job on those. I wouldn't think they are for sale anymore either...:D

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not sure these are for sale any longer. We just got back the 7B that had the veneer damage repaired. Furniture repair guys are the way to go. Forget cabinet people. Check THIS out!

Wow can we get a before and after side by side shot because they did an amazing job. Can't even tell they were ever damaged.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
LOL! Well that is great news for you and I am happy it worked out...if you ever decide you might want to sell them after all just give me a shout. Congrats!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis