Front speaker output - 80W x 2(3Ω)
Center speaker output - 80W(3Ω)
Rear speaker output - 80W x 2(3Ω)
Subwoofer speaker output - 100W(3Ω)
Frequency range - 20Hz~20KHz
S/N Ratio - 75dB
Channel separation - 60dB
Input sensitivity - (AUX)400mV

The player unfortunately broke down a few weeks ago and I have got only the speakers left..

So, I am looking towards buying an AV receiver to connect those speakers, my TV, my PS3 and a DVD player all together. Due to limited budget, I can only seek something in the USD 500 range for the AV receiver only.

Do you think it's worth it for me to do this setup or connecting those speakers to an AV receiver is a definite NO.

You can also recommend one if it's more appropriate.

thanks for reading..

cheers

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
That receiver and those speakers were made to work together.
I would start over > where are you from?

M

ManOnTheMoon

Audiophyte
hi,

I am currently in Singapore.

Yeah, i am thinking it's better to start over..the impedance mismatch is too big for the AV receivers.. So, I will try and get a cheap decent set with a basic centre, L and R speakers.

any "cheap" model that are out there that will suit a beginner? today i came across a pioneer VX 522..

thks

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
It's hard to answe that last question. Most, if not all, of us are unaware of what's available in Singapore.

the current line of Pionneer speaker are highly regarded by us, though.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

What is the model number of your Samsung system? I'm not convinced that you couldn't use those speakers with a new receiver (minus the subwoofer, though, if it's a passive sub). I know that the listed impedance is lower than what a lot of receivers are rated at, especially in the $500 or less range, but most receivers have protection circuitry to prevent damage due to current draw. How much current is provided by the amplifiers is dependent on the volume level and impedance of the speakers. If you aren't playing your music/movies very loud, I'd be shocked if a separate receiver from a quality vendor (like Pioneer, Denon, Onkyo, etc.) couldn't handle the load.

What do others here think?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis