Advice on Multiple Sub placement

K

kickerscrt

Enthusiast
Hey there,

My current setup is a single Definitive Technology Supercube II subwoofer in the front left corner. Bass is decent, but I can tell there are some major dips in output probably around 40-50 hertz. I thought about moving the sub to the back left corner as this is where the "subwoofer crawl" gives the strongest bass response. However, it would take a super long subwoofer cable which is a total PITA to keep hidden.

I found another Supercube II on craigslist about 50 miles away from me for $400 so I'm thinking about getting it. My question is since I have pretty good bass response from the single S.C., should I leave it there and place the second one in the back right corner, or should I locate both subs at about the halfway point of the left and right walls?? Could I put the second sub in the front right corner??

I know subwoofer setup/placement is really a lot of trial and error, but I figured it couldn't hurt to pose the question to the members who are running more than 1 sub.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

DD66000

DD66000

Senior Audioholic
Usually placing both subs in the front is preferred. And not always in the corners either. Placing them symmetrical to the centerline of the room.
You can certainly try the sidewall midpoints, that can work quite well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis