Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Thanks once again for all of your input. As bad as I wanted a Pioneer, I opted for a Yamaha RX-A810 instead. The deal was too good to pass on. I will have it very soon. I am still chipping away. Gosh, it feels good!
Congrats! Sounds like quite a nice system you're putting together there.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Congrats! Sounds like quite a nice system you're putting together there.
Thanks Steve as I am working on it. Just taking my time chipping away to getting it all together. Just feels good to be back in the hunt. Thanks again for all of your help.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I compared the Pioneers to the Onkyo 3009 I ended up with and both work just fine. You're also comparing a brand new pioneer model to a 2010 Onkyo model. No wonder the networking features are a bit better on the newer model :rolleyes:

Don't be scared off by the negative Onkyo talk. No I would not recommend the lower end models, but 8XX on up are pretty solid units. My 3009 is a tank and performs flawlessly.
No way would I ever totally rule out Onkyo. I have more respect for them than that. I do question some of their quality control standards/practices. To be honest with you, I was really wanting to own another Pioneer receiver. However, I was offered this deal on the Yamaha RX-A810 and just could NOT pass it up. The Onkyo 8XX series is just too expensive for my budget even at my discounted price. Oh man, if I had a chance to own one I would have surely pounced. For the time being, I do believe the Yamaha will serve me well.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Congrats. You have a rather large smile once you get everything put together.

GregLee

GregLee

Audioholic Intern
Don't be scared off by the negative Onkyo talk.
Who? Me? I wasn't scared off. I bought the Onkyo 3008 for its features, in the face of user complaints about reliability. And, hey, it lasted two years before it broke.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Who? Me? I wasn't scared off. I bought the Onkyo 3008 for its features, in the face of user complaints about reliability. And, hey, it lasted two years before it broke.
Ok, I admit I chuckled at that.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Congrats. You have a rather large smile once you get everything put together.
Sure hope so. It is just going to take me some time. I have some good help when they have the time. Looking forward to getting it all dialed in.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sure hope so. It is just going to take me some time. I have some good help when they have the time. Looking forward to getting it all dialed in.
Hey Phil my man, where can you still lay away audio gear, seriously, I'm really curious and good move with the chipping (Yamaha) my friend.
Cheers Jeff

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Phil my man, where can you still lay away audio gear, seriously, I'm really curious and good move with the chipping (Yamaha) my friend.
Cheers Jeff
Well, it is a kinda/sorta layAway plan. Let me explain. I have a very good friend that sales Yamaha for a living. As such, he hooked me up if you know what I mean. Thanks for your kind words.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Well, it is a kinda/sorta layAway plan. Let me explain. I have a very good friend that sales Yamaha for a living. As such, he hooked me up if you know what I mean. Thanks for your kind words.
You're more than welcome, kind words for a kind man:)
Cheers Jeff

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
"Fell off a truck" eh? :D Pretty sweet to "know people" that can get you a deal.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
"Fell off a truck" eh? :D Pretty sweet to "know people" that can get you a deal.
So very true. Sometimes it helps to "know" the right people......LOL! Right place right time sort of thing!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well folks, I have been set on getting the Yamaha RX-A810. However, I have been doing a lot of research comparing the RX-V673 to the likes of the RX-A720 and the RX-A810 respectively. That being said, I have decided to change my mind. Thus, I have decided to go with the RX-V673 for various reasons. Financial constraints were the MAIN reasons. Just could not justify paying that much more for the RX-A810 even at my discounted price. The RX-A720 was only a little bit more, but nothing compelled me to opt for it. IMHO, the RX-V673 is at the very least 85% or more of the RX-A810 while being significantly less expensive. Very happy with my choice. Hope you all agree. Once again, I want to say thank you for all of your help. This is one of the main reason(s) I continue to post here.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Well folks, I have been set on getting the Yamaha RX-A810. However, I have been doing a lot of research comparing the RX-V673 to the likes of the RX-A720 and the RX-A810 respectively. That being said, I have decided to change my mind. Thus, I have decided to go with the RX-V673 for various reasons. Financial constraints were the MAIN reasons. Just could not justify paying that much more for the RX-A810 even at my discounted price. The RX-A720 was only a little bit more, but nothing compelled me to opt for it. IMHO, the RX-V673 is at the very least 85% or more of the RX-A810 while being significantly less expensive. Very happy with my choice. Hope you all agree. Once again, I want to say thank you for all of your help. This is one of the main reason(s) I continue to post here.
Phil, I think with absolute certainty that was the right choice, you're not going to miss that 15%, good move and enjoy my friend.
Cheers Jeff
PS: Now that you made your decision, no need to stay away, hang around and continue your useful input.

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
I had my mind set on buying the 673 as well, but when I went to Best Buy to get it, my wife saw that I wasn't very happy when I was looking at it, and she gave me the okay to go with the Pioneer SC-1222, which was on sale on newegg.com for $529.99. If she wouldn't of agreed I would gotten the 673.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil, I think with absolute certainty that was the right choice, you're not going to miss that 15%, good move and enjoy my friend.
Cheers Jeff
PS: Now that you made your decision, no need to stay away, hang around and continue your useful input.
Thanks once again Jeff. I really do feel like I made the right decision. Sure, I would have liked having the RX-A810. But, for that price I would have opted for either the Pioneer SC-1222 or the Denon AVR 2113/2313. For my needs, the RX-V673 will more than suffice.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I had my mind set on buying the 673 as well, but when I went to Best Buy to get it, my wife saw that I wasn't very happy when I was looking at it, and she gave me the okay to go with the Pioneer SC-1222, which was on sale on newegg.com for $529.99. If she wouldn't of agreed I would gotten the 673.
Interesting-the funny thing is I had my heart set on the SC-1222 as well. However, just did not want to spend that much. As such, I ended up with the RX-V673 and I am very happy. Enjoy the SC-1222. You are quite lucky.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Thanks once again Jeff. I really do feel like I made the right decision. Sure, I would have liked having the RX-A810. But, for that price I would have opted for either the Pioneer SC-1222 or the Denon AVR 2113/2313. For my needs, the RX-V673 will more than suffice.
You're welcome again, when all is said and done you will be very happy with your decision and have a little coin in the till for the next upgrade that you know will happen;) Take care
Cheers Jeff

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You're welcome again, when all is said and done you will be very happy with your decision and have a little coin in the till for the next upgrade that you know will happen;) Take care
Cheers Jeff
Yeah, but it may be a while both in getting it all dialed in AND moving on to my next upgrade. Right now, I got some kind of stomach virus that is going around. Lord knows it has been a rough one. That is why I did NOT post for a few days. However, I am feeling a little better now. Have a good night.

Cheers,

Phil

ahblaza

ahblaza

Yeah, but it may be a while both in getting it all dialed in AND moving on to my next upgrade. Right now, I got some kind of stomach virus that is going around. Lord knows it has been a rough one. That is why I did NOT post for a few days. However, I am feeling a little better now. Have a good night.

Cheers,

Phil
Likewise my friend

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis