Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith

Audioholic Intern
I have velodyne subwoofer vx10 and wanted to add another sub. What would pair good with this sub where I can't buy the same velodyne . Would any with the same specs work or do you need two subs the same?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
How large is your space (total volume in cuft please, including opening to other space) ?
but my gut reaction would be to recommend you to sell the vx10 and get more powerful sub, depends on budget of-course, which we don't know yet

Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith

Audioholic Intern
Small area about 20 feet long 10feet wide. I will be getting a pb2000 svs down the road but for now would like to try another sub to see what it's like with 2. But if it's not worth the time then I could hold off till I gets the svs. My setup.

Attachments

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
I have previously owned the VX10. I would suggest waiting to do a good upgrade. In your size room, a PB-1000 would be a good choice and then eventually you could add another :)

Jamie Smith

Jamie Smith

Audioholic Intern
OK thanks. So two pb1000 would be better than one pb2000?

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
Dual PB-1000 should have as much max output as a single PB-2000. A single PB-1000 should have plenty of output for your size room. Dual subs, when well placed, have the advantage of a smoother frequency response through a wider seating area.

So I would start with one PB-1000. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Easier to setup matched subs but you can always try still using your older sub with the new sub, but you may hold back the better sub with the limitations of the lesser sub.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis