Active Crossover for Center

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Why not get a unit like the behringer dcx2496 and do your front 3 and sub.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for the link, it sure looks like it can do the job.
It just amazes me that members who don't know the first thing about crsoover design want to get into biamping.

For the upteenth time, an active crossover has to have the same slopes and crossover point as the passive crossovers, and any notch filters. If all the slopes on your passive crossover are fourth order constant voltage slopes, and no notch filters or other Eq, then that dbx unit will do the job. If not it won't.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
It just amazes me that members who don't know the first thing about crsoover design want to get into biamping.

For the upteenth time, an active crossover has to have the same slopes and crossover point as the passive crossovers, and any notch filters. If all the slopes on your passive crossover are fourth order constant voltage slopes, and no notch filters or other Eq, then that dbx unit will do the job. If not it won't.
Thank the lord I don't bi amp:D I use the dcx for intergration only and have no desire to figure out the power requirements divided and then the slopes. Its much easier to understand my speakers then apply the proper crossover settings when combined with the subs.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
[
QUOTE=TLS Guy;611579]It just amazes me that members who don't know the first thing about crsoover design want to get into biamping.
[/QUOTE]

TLS Guy
I think you're right, I am just going to get this bi-amping idea out of my head. My center is getting 350 watts the way it is, I don't think it could get much better. Thanks, you just saved me some money.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis