Acoustic Reaearch 11's Classics, 3 ways, like AR 3A's $250.00

T

Transducergeek

Enthusiast
A pair of AR 11's bookshelf speakers, like "improved" AR3a's This pair is 3 way, with special 11" woofers with new special AR surrounds installed and working perfectly now, AR 2.5" midrange dome, AR 3/4" small dome high range. The high ranges are non-working, I have secured a pair of ribbon tweeter substitutes that are a nice match, but are not installed as yet, I will sell the two Acoustic Research 11's as-is for $250.oo and you fix them, or I will also sell you the Japanese made tweeter ribbons for an additional $30 and you install.. Even without the tweets, the sound is super Hi-fi... clear bass and mids...with the ribbon tweeters they sing..
The cabinets are rough, with scratches and pretty bad veneer condition, a new owner will likely want to refinish.

Attachments

Last edited:
R

ray_bertrand200

Audiophyte
vintage AR 3's

I have many AR's some in perfect (10) condition ...several in excellent refurb. condition (need cosmetics)....also have many boxes....and surround kits I've designed- (can make any surround needed inexpensively for any speaker model)....please ship speaker in it's original box-as is ...I will repair the surround for a nominal fee ..you pay all shipping (quite expensive)....but if in NewEngland ;common carrier is affordable ....write me
Ray at rjbert@optonline.net :)

T

Transducergeek

Enthusiast
ray_bertrand200 said:
I have many AR's some in perfect (10) condition ...several in excellent refurb. condition (need cosmetics)....also have many boxes....and surround kits I've designed- (can make any surround needed inexpensively for any speaker model)....please ship speaker in it's original box-as is ...I will repair the surround for a nominal fee ..you pay all shipping (quite expensive)....but if in NewEngland ;common carrier is affordable ....write me
Ray at rjbert@optonline.net :)
Hi Ray! Thanks for the info. These two AR 11's have brand new, special order, 11" AR surrounds installed and working perfectly. The only thing needing to be repaired is the High Ranges, the tweeters. Do you repair these? IF so, how much is it? Have a good day! Rolf E.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis