mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
While I'm waiting for my 3/4" threaded rods for my flexy cabinet, I decided to finally build some acoustic panels for my front sound stage. I've been needing to build these for awhile but have been lazy I guess. I need to build two 37" x 8" panels to place behind my M60s; and two 20"x 20" panels to place behind my VP180 center speaker. I went ahead an ordered 2 sheets of Owens Corning 703 panels from ATS, as well as colored burlap to match my walls and the other panels that I purchased from ATS in the past. I got the frames finished today. Now just waiting on the insulation and wrapping material to arrive. UPS states they are due to arrive on Tuesday.

All pics were taken with my Samsung SG2 cell phone, please forgive any errors or artifacts.

This is me the evening before the blizzard is supposed to hit. I figured since I'll be snowed in, I might as well make the best of the time...

I bought 6 1" x 3" pine boards from Home Depot. I usually use Poplar when building my projector screens. But I figured that since these were just going to be acoustic panels; nevermind the fact that they would be panels behind the speakers, I went for the cheaper wood.

Mocking up the first 20" x 20" frame...

Even though I'm not being paid, let me say I love my Kreg tools! Drilling the first pair of pocket holes...

All of the center pieces with the pocket holes drilled in...

Here is a shot of one of the 20" x 20" frames. I need to square up my miter a bit, but this looks close enough for government work.

Here is a shot of all of the frames done, resting against one of my larger panels in my room.

Read more: New DIY acoustic panels 1/2 done - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Last edited by a moderator:
vecc76

vecc76

Audioholic Intern
Looking good!! I just finished 9 panels myself, I had 2 days invested and about 120.00 total. All I can say is wow, they make a great difference. I feel its much more rewarding building them as opposed to buying:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm looking forward to seeing these. Please keep going with the pic's. TIA

vecc76

vecc76

Audioholic Intern
My acoustic panels. They turned out good in my opinion:D

Attachments

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com