Accueq is probably the worst auto calibration system on the market.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Out of curiosity I decided to give accueq a shot, despite the horror stories I'd heard.

I had initially manually calibrated and eq'ed my system prior to using accueq, so I knew what it should have been set at. It seemed to get the xover and distances right (mostly), but the level calibration was completely wrong. It left all of my speakers at 0dB except the center, which is boosted 2dB, and the sub, which it boosted 5dB. I already know from my own measurements that my center channel is about 4dB louder than my left and rights, and I originally had my sub calibrated at -5dB, with the front and surrounds at +4dB. Obviously this had the sub playing about 10dB louder than it should have.

I won't even get started on the eq. The only thing it did was provided me with a huge hole in the bass response from 45-70hz, along with a massive spike in the upper midrange resulting in extreme sibilance.

The mic it comes with is decent enough. I've been using it to take measurements on rew, so it isn't that that's the problem.

Anyone ever have a good experience with accueq?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis