Abraham Lincoln, The Vampire Hunter

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Has anyone checked this flick out in the theater? How about in BluRay?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Haven't seen it. The book was pretty good though. And funny enough it was pretty historically accurate, other than the vampires. :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Haven't seen it. The book was pretty good though. And funny enough it was pretty historically accurate, other than the vampires. :D
Maybe I'll scoop up a copy of that tonight ...figuring it would be good demo material.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I wouldnt buy it, I watched it on Netflix or prime {cant remember which} and it wasnt great by anymeans, I have no urge to ever watch it again...

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
the lead reminds me of a combination of a Young Liam Neeson and Quentin Tarantino

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldnt buy it, I watched it on Netflix or prime {cant remember which} and it wasnt great by anymeans, I have no urge to ever watch it again...
It's my kind of genre, but I was wondering why so many people dislike the movie.

I was planning on buying the BD today, but I'm reconsidering. I may just wait and get it from Netflix in a month :( or watch it on Amazon Prime now.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just bought the BD and ripped it into my HTPC. Will watch later today. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My 10 YO daughter & I just watched this BD. We both enjoyed the movie. :D

My daughter said it was "mind-blowing". She also said "I hope history classes will be this interesting". She then asked me about "Gettysburg". :eek:

Anyone expecting this movie to be anything other than fun entertainment may be disappointed.

The visuals & PQ was great. I love costume movies.

The SQ (DTS-HD MA 7.1) was not as good as Inception or Underworld Awakening, but still pretty good.

I thought the character development was better than most movies, especially for a 2 hour flick. I cared for the characters of Abe, Henry, Will, Mary, and Speed. To me the most important thing about any story are the characters.

The plot was pretty good. Very interesting how they weave history with Sci-Fi. It actually made my 10 YO daughter interested in history. :eek:

Overall I enjoyed this movie. I took it for what is was - pure entertainment with characters I cared about. :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My 10 YO daughter & I just watched this BD. We both enjoyed the movie. :D

My daughter said it was "mind-blowing". She also said "I hope history classes will be this interesting". She then asked me about "Gettysburg". :eek:

Anyone expecting this movie to be anything other than fun entertainment may be disappointed.

The visuals & PQ was great. I love costume movies.

The SQ (DTS-HD MA 7.1) was not as good as Inception or Underworld Awakening, but still pretty good.

I thought the character development was better than most movies, especially for a 2 hour flick. I cared for the characters of Abe, Henry, Will, Mary, and Speed. To me the most important thing about any story are the characters.

The plot was pretty good. Very interesting how they weave history with Sci-Fi. It actually made my 10 YO daughter interested in history. :eek:

Overall I enjoyed this movie. I took it for what is was - pure entertainment with characters I cared about. :D
Thanks for teh review. I'm glad I purchased it for the very reason you mentioned...mindless entertainment with good PQ, decent audio, and decent plot.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Not sure why, but it really cracks me up that there was actually a "Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" book, that anyone read it, and that it was good!
Thanks for broadening my horizons!:D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Not sure why, but it really cracks me up that there was actually a "Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" book, that anyone read it, and that it was good!
Thanks for broadening my horizons!:D
I think that about sums up my thoughts perfectly. I mean, as someone that has some interest in history, you see a preview like that and think "seriously...wtf???".

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I think that about sums up my thoughts perfectly. I mean, as someone that has some interest in history, you see a preview like that and think "seriously...wtf???".
I look at it from the point of view...that's a weird different twisted outlook. I think I'll watch it. I never take history levels from Hollywood as they take "liberties" to make the story more interesting. Take U-571 as an example. Its historically so inaccurate, its not even funny. I bought U571 because of the entertainment value, not the accuracy. Same principle applies to Abe Lincoln...it just so twisted that it may be good.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
the book was surprisingly good. not a fan of the "horror" genre, but i do like history and have some interest in lincoln. a really entertaining slant on history.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Whatever it takes to get kids to be more interested in history classes and school. :D

My daughter never cared about Lincoln until now. :D

Now she wants to watch that new Lincoln movie coming out soon. :D

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Watched it last night and I thought it pretty much blew. The movie strayed so far from the book it was ridiculous which was surprising since the author was the screen writer. That horse stampede scene? Come on, how silly was that? Lincoln was only married once and only had 1 child?

Then again I guess it's silly of me to expect they would accruately depict a book that was itself not an accurate representation of American history.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis