A/V Reciever Advice Required

B

brandon123

Enthusiast
Hello, everyone, I am a new member and in the process of building my new home theater system and would greatly appreciate some advice and comments on what I have, and plan to buy in the next couple of weeks. Currently, I own Polk Rti12 - fronts, Rti10 - backs and a Csi5 center with a PSW505 subwoofer. I bought a Sony KDF-E42A10 LCD TV and will make all connections via HDMI! I am in the need of a A/V receiver and DVD player, looking at Yamaha 2600 or Denon 3806 and Yamaha DVD-s2500 or Denon 3910. Will I need a amp to power my speakers with either of these receivers, my room is 10x26 and the layout is between the sides not lengthwise before of a fireplce and the end of the room? Also, will either or these two recievers sufiice or do you recommned another, as well as the DVD players? Should I stay in the same company line for better quality or does that not matter? I would be willing to pay more for another receiver and DVD for more quality, but not $2K more? Would HDMI cables form DVIGear or Audioquest be adequate for the connections? Thanks and any other advice would be most appreciated, as well!

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
brandon123 said:
Hello, everyone, I am a new member and in the process of building my new home theater system and would greatly appreciate some advice and comments on what I have, and plan to buy in the next couple of weeks. Currently, I own Polk Rti12 - fronts, Rti10 - backs and a Csi5 center with a PSW505 subwoofer. I bought a Sony KDF-E42A10 LCD TV and will make all connections via HDMI! I am in the need of a A/V receiver and DVD player, looking at Yamaha 2600 or Denon 3806 and Yamaha DVD-s2500 or Denon 3910. Will I need a amp to power my speakers with either of these receivers, my room is 10x26 and the layout is between the sides not lengthwise before of a fireplce and the end of the room? Also, will either or these two recievers sufiice or do you recommned another, as well as the DVD players? Should I stay in the same company line for better quality or does that not matter? I would be willing to pay more for another receiver and DVD for more quality, but not $2K more? Would HDMI cables form DVIGear or Audioquest be adequate for the connections? Thanks and any other advice would be most appreciated, as well!
See my thread on power amps. You'll need one IMO.

D

dponeill

Junior Audioholic
I have a similar receiver (Pioneer VSX-9300TX) and a larger room (15' x 29') set up the same way and I have never wished I had more power. I would not rush into a seperate amp without first trying the receiver by itself.

S

ssu

Enthusiast
As far as cables. I used ones from www.octavainc.com. They work fine and the costs are very good. They have 6,10,15 footers. They also have other hdmi/dvi accessoris that come in handy.

eddiem67

eddiem67

Audioholic
You cant go wrong with either line, I like Denon myself, but Yammy is not too far behind. Either amp should be suffice for you speakers, if you feel the need for more power (like an Earthquake Cinenova) you can always use the pre-outs on the receiver.

B

brandon123

Enthusiast
Would you recommend the Denon 3806 for HDMI and upconversion or the Yammie 2600? Also, any comments on a nice DVD to accompany the A/V? Thanks!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
brandon123 said:
Would you recommend the Denon 3806 for HDMI and upconversion or the Yammie 2600? Also, any comments on a nice DVD to accompany the A/V? Thanks!
RTi12 for fronts and RTi10 for the back? Listen to Buck, get an amp. At least use a 2 ch one to power the 12's. Something like a 3806 should be able to power the other 5 speakers. For universal player, the 3910 is a good deal. Unless all your other components are high end, the much more expensive 5910 is an overkill.

B

brandon123

Enthusiast
Does the amp provide better quality sound or just more loudness? Also, I thinkn I will go with the 3910 but I am still debating about the a/v receiver, I need HDMI, what about the 4306 or 4805?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis