A review suggestion.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I would like to see a review of the BIC PL-200 subwoofer.

The reason I am interested in a review is because of the ridiculous claims that I have seen online about it, such as the Robert S. Brayton review at Amazon, in which he claims to have measured significant output at 5 Hz!!!

Now, what I would like to see is something real on this, not just the postings of fanboys, which is all that I have been able to find online. I don't know what it is about BIC lately that seems to get people to post crazy things about their products, but I think it would be a useful service to examine the claims and have real measurements of its performance.

As an aside, for the benefit of BIC fanboys, I have no ax to grind against BIC; I remember from many years ago, a friend bought a pair of BIC speakers which I thought sounded very good for their price, and considered buying a pair myself. But I did not attribute miraculous properties to them, unlike what appears to be going on today with BIC.

I would not be surprised if the BIC PL-200 subwoofer is a very good value, but let us not exaggerate what it can do.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You wouldn't happen to be "What's in a name?", would you? :)

If so, you've given me a hankering for Baxters Fagioli Bean & Pasta Soup (but's it not available). If not, then someone else did. :D

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
By no means is this an official review

All I know is that when I was installing mine last week and tried playing a couple of scenes from Dark Knight to hear how it sounds, my wife came running from the bedroom about 80' away saying there was a thunderstrom coming! (she hates thunder & lightning and always comes running to hide under me)

Guess what.....I joined the fan boy club real fast!

I am surprised of the output from what I consider a small sub can do in my big room. I'm saving for my SVS PC13-Ultra but this is nice for now.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
... a hankering for Baxters Fagioli Bean & Pasta Soup (but's it not available). ...
Try your local gourmet and upscale grocery stores and you might find it. It is sometimes found in Giant grocery stores, for example. You might also find it online at some other store (I have not seen it online for a decent price, though it is never cheap anywhere). All of the Baxters soups that I have tried are good. Incidentally, I have never had a bad product that has the British Royal Warrant ("By Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen") on the label, so it would appear that a company can't just pay a fee and put that on any junk they want (they are not always the best that money can buy either, but it does seem to guarantee a certain level of quality). For another example (Baxters soups carry the British Royal Warrant), Carr's Table Water Crackers are superb, and better than any other table water crackers I have ever tried. Their flavor is subtle and does not overpower what one puts on them, but tends to complement everything I have ever put on one. And Carr's crackers, of course, are not cheap either.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis