A question regarding AVR sound fields:

C

carbuff

Enthusiast
I am in the process of buying a new home theater system. The one I am replacing will be installed in a large bedroom in which an elderly person resides.

This original system consists of a large screen Samsung HDTV (Cox Cable), Sony STR-DN840 AVR, Samsung BD-F5900 Blu-ray player and a set of M&K Front, Center, Surround and Sub-Woofer speakers.

It is a decent system proving good TV clarity, color and enjoyable sound for TV, movies and BD.

The person that is going to use this system will not be able to manipulate certain sound features so I want to make it as “general” as possible for all of the TV, Movie, BD and regular TV shows.

The Sony AVR has many sound fields from which to choose. Which one would provide the best “general” sound that I can set and leave for all different activities?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doesn't the Sony set the soundfield preference per input/source? Many avrs do....

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Which one would provide the best “general” sound that I can set and leave for all different activities?
I would set it up and actually listen w/ the elderly person. Decide which one y'all think sounds best. My guess is that it'll be the one with the least surround emphasis.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis