A new way to bi-wire your speakers

N

nrg1275

Audiophyte
Hi all,

A quick word to anyone wanting to bi-wire their speakers, or just tweak the way they currently have it done. Please do yourself a favour and check out this picture/diagram. Cheers!

nrg1275

My Bi Wire set-up.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL. Same thing, different dumb. A new type of useless.

N

nrg1275

Audiophyte
So, you've tried it then?... or are you saying that the principal of isolating positive and negative runs is useless?

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
So, you've tried it then?... or are you saying that the principal of isolating positive and negative runs is useless?
You do realize that we are dealing with ALTERNATING CURRENT, right?

You do realize that you are on the wrong website for some pseudo-science cable nonsense, right?

On top of all that, there is no real advantage to bi-wire, but there are several disadvantages.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Is this a trick question?
Looks like a puzzle in my kids scooby doo book. What is different? Lol

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, I have tried it before the "normal" way, which this is 100% identical to. I don't need to try this; I can predict with 100% certainty that it will have exactly the same ZERO difference as before. NOTHING is getting isolated in this scenario. The signal was already amplified before it got to the wires, which is why biwiring does nothing.

Last edited:
N

nrg1275

Audiophyte
NOTHING is getting isolated in this scenario..
All wire is made up of positive and negative runs, which are separated [isolated] from one another, right? Why? So they don't interfere/interact with one another. All I am suggesting is further separating [isolating] them.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
All wire is made up of positive and negative runs, which are separated [isolated] from one another, right? Why? So they don't interfere/interact with one another. All I am suggesting is further separating [isolating] them.
They are separate so you dont get short circuit.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe he's applying to work at AudioQuest or Nordost or someplace like that.

ps oops shoulda also mentioned Kimber Kable it seems

Last edited:
N

nrg1275

Audiophyte
I don't understand the hostility here. I simply suggested a slightly more efficient way to send the signal from your amplifier to your speakers that COSTS NOTHING. I am not trying to get you to buy something and/or sell anything, I'm not trying to extol the virtues or bi wiring, I just shared a simple tweak that worked for me, and just to reiterate - COSTS NOTHING. As far as the crack about "pseudo-science" goes, I don't think separating "positive" and "negative" could be categorized as such.

N

nrg1275

Audiophyte
Maybe he's applying to work at AudioQuest or Nordost or someplace like that....
By suggesting you take the wires you already have, and just connect them differently? Sounds like a recipe for success to me!

N

nrg1275

Audiophyte
They are separate so you dont get short circuit.
Yes, I understand that. Just a quick follow-up then, which will probably open up another can of worms, but here goes - why do manufacturers braid/twist positive and negative runs of wire? Again, please keep in mind that I have NOTHING to gain here - I am simply suggesting no cost tweaks and asking questions.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You are confusing bi-AMPING with bi-WIRING, which I think is where the confusion comes in. With Biamping, the high and low signal is separated BEFORE the amp. In biwiring the full signal is on both wires. In the diagram shown, effectively they are identical.

If they interfered to the point where it was an issue, then how come nobody noticed that in the last ~50 years? LMFAO.

Sounds like a recipe for deaf people.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The only thing you've changed is that the positive and negative conductors are not in the same jacket any more. The amp and speakers don't see any difference.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, I understand that. Just a quick follow-up then, which will probably open up another can of worms, but here goes - why do manufacturers braid/twist speaker wire? Again, please keep in mind that I have NOTHING to gain here - I am simply suggesting no cost tweaks and asking questions.
There's a lot of snake oil and voodoo out there about speaker wire and cabling. There are some long time members here who are engineers, installers or just plain audio enthusiasts. There is nothing special about any type of wire, especially the high dollar audiophool brands that cost a fortune.

As far as bi wiring goes, there is no advantage to running the extra wire aside from maybe less resistance because you're using twice as much cabling. See also "buy wire".

Check out this article: http://www.audioholics.com/frequent-questions/the-difference-between-biamping-vs-biwiring

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
By suggesting you take the wires you already have, and just connect them differently? Sounds like a recipe for success to me!
Just makes a more messy cabling run at best. Biwiring already was a waste in the first place. Dumb on dumb it seems to me....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis