mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I've noticed lately when watching a movie in my theatre that I tend to FF past the opening credits, unless there is action sequences tied to them in some kind of way.

Does anybody else find themselves doing that?

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
I also like to fast forward through the credits. I don't think it's a bad habit, just a time saver - an easy way to save yourself a couple minutes which can be spent more productively. Ah, who am I kidding. Lazy is my middle name :( .

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Nope, I let the credits roll. Of course I use the credit time to settle in my Lazy Boy while pulling my little popcorn table next to the chair, so in a way I am using the credit time to good use.

gellor

gellor

Full Audioholic
yep...opening credits is time for me to get up and get that beverage I forgot or adjust the lights up/down as needed.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Let them roll. Its to hard to stop it at the right time, plus there is usually cool music which helps set the mood.

SheepStar

Last edited:
Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
A good direct can set the tone for a film in the first shots. If its supposed to be a rollercoaster thrill ride then some opening pans of a field on a foggy day would probably make the audience antsy and impatient, likewise opening your movie with the final stretch of the Boston Marathon and then make the audience endure 90 minutes of two actors talking at a restaurant table in real time and you have an audience that gets bored quickly.

Its cheap psychology, but it works.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i find that MOST dvd's have "track 2" set right after the last credit rolls.

what I really hate are those "FBI warning BS" screens where you can't FF or skip.
I mean, I bought the damn DVD didn't I!? get that thing off my copy!
wouldn't that be a great feature for future players ... crap $h1t filters.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I let 'em roll :) Though it does depend on the movie and how many times I've seen it...

drunkmunk

drunkmunk

Junior Audioholic
mike c said:
what I really hate are those "FBI warning BS" screens where you can't FF or skip.
I mean, I bought the damn DVD didn't I!? get that thing off my copy!
wouldn't that be a great feature for future players ... crap $h1t filters.
I couldn't agree more. another annoying feature is just about any Disney DVD. They have about 101 previews for crappy straight to video titles like little mermaid does dallas that half the time you can't even get to the root menu you have to either watch'em or keep skipping ahead.

3x10^8

3x10^8

Audioholic
drunkmunk said:
I couldn't agree more. another annoying feature is just about any Disney DVD. They have about 101 previews for crappy straight to video titles like little mermaid does dallas that half the time you can't even get to the root menu you have to either watch'em or keep skipping ahead.
Hey, I actually own that one... didn't know it was Disney, though! :D

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
I'll do it only if the opening credits are "plain".. i.e. text on a blank background. If there's any kind of actual footage, I'll usually watch through it.

The FBI thing.. that's one of many things that bugs the hell out of me.. all this anti-piracy crap, and the only people who actually suffer for it are the paying customers. I could go off on that tangent for quite a while.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Is there anyway to get around that stuff? I know I have software on my computer that lets me skip directly past any of that stuff. Are there firmware upgrades, etc. for consumer DVD players?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The scene skip button usually works for me. If that doesn't, you can use the scan button.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis