70" Vizio E70 4K TV vs 65" SONY X810C 4K TV ?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Assuming the VIZIO costs $200 more than the SONY, which TV would you buy?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'd take the 70 over the 65 in the budget category for sure. How far is the seating to the screen going to be.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Why not buy both locally and get the one you want and return the other?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Why not buy both locally and get the one you want and return the other?
I think the picture quality look about the same. :D

Of course, the bigger screen is nice.

I was wondering about reliability, built quality, etc.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well luckily with Vizio if something goes wrong you can get the parts on ebay or jimmy's and install it yourself.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

I'd think they would be of similar quality. Purchasing with an amex card will double the manufacturers warranty or for about $100 per $1k for a 5 year extended.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I'd choose neither one, and go for the Vizio M-series. The M is noticeably better than either one.

B

Blues Doctor

Audioholic Intern
Be advised that most large screen Vizios are Home Theater Displays with NO built in TV tuner. It is not a TV with broadcast capability. It is a display, like a giant computer monitor. The Sony has tuner and is a true TV. The Vizio will require purchase of TV tuner. Recent professional reviews indicate excellent picture quality on the Vizios. Well respected reviewer, Brent Butterworth, rates Vizio picture quality above competitors at price point and above, excluding OLEDs. Can't recall if his article was in The Wirecutter or Digital Trends. Brent is no-nonsense guy that likes best value for the dollar. No snake oil bullshit. Just know what you are getting. If one was going for size of display with great image quality at value price without need for OTA tuner, the Vizio would be the value-driven choice. I've been researching to upgrade from my 50" Panasonic Plasma. I wish Panasonic still made Plasmas. Fantastic quality picture, but I want larger screen, since I recently upgraded surround system with new speakers to 5.2 rig. My research seems to indicate that I could get larger display for same money with Vizio. One has to decide if a seperate tuner is worth it. Good luck.

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Be advised that most large screen Vizios are Home Theate Displays with NO built in TV tuner. The Sony has tuner and is a TV. The Vizio will require purchase of TV tuner. Recent professional reviews indicate excellent picture quality on the Vizios. Just know what you are getting. Good luck.
yeah but the 65" doesn't come with binoculars to help you see the small picture. :p

B

Blues Doctor

Audioholic Intern

I was wondering about reliability, built quality, etc.[/QUOTE

I rely on certain experts that are credible. I have been impressed with Vizio's picture display over past few years. Again, Brent Butterworth highly recommends Vizio. It is his number one recommended TV for picture quality.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic

If quality, reliability with no major difference in picture quality, bigger screen is always nice but whichever one satisfieds my needs and wants along with extended warranty cost would be the deciding factor.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I told you , the M-series is better than the E-series.
I know, but the 70" M-Vizio also costs a lot more money ($1900 vs $1200).

I'm trying to keep around $1200.

Another TV is the $1088 Vizio D70 70" 1080p TV.

BTW, this is for the bedroom and living room (2 TV's), not for my primary HT display, which will be a 150" PJ screen.

So the question is: for the budget of $1200, which TV would you buy?

I should have said that to begin with. :)

$1000 65" 4K Sony, $1088 70" 1080p Vizio, $1200 70" 4K Vizio, or something else that costs $1000-$1200.

Last edited:
Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
That site is full of baloney.

For that budget, I'd go with the 1080p Vizio, because bigger is more important than some minor picture quality differences.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I can only speak as a Sony owner. I buy my TV's from my audio dealer because he also sells Sony and handles my warranty issues if I have them.

I have owned 5 Sony LCD/LED TVs. My Xbr-4 will not die and still looks great for an LCD TV. I have a 55 Inch Sony in the bedroom a 4k 65IN my living room, had multiple Sony TVs in my past. In all that time, I only had an issue with one (dead pixel) and my delaer promptly replaced it with a newer model.

Bottom line I can speak from experience Sony is reliable. If you want to save a few dollars, do what I did with my 4k 65" XBR850C and ask you dealer if he can get the distressed box deals from their distributer (i.e. tech data) I saved over 500 dollars off new with the same warranty and couldn't be happier.

I don't know Vizio, haven't owned one, but I do know Sony better than most, and their X1 processor on their 4k line works very well. Their android based Smart TV takes some getting used to, but is very customizable.

The reason why I haven't tired Vizio is that I haven't had a reason to switch.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis