70" Sharp TV failure after less than 15 months, no replaement panels?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I installed two 70" Sharp TVs last year and recently received a call to say that the picture on one looks bad, so I went to check it out. I sent a video to a local Sharp warranty repair center and they told me the panel is bad, but Sharp doesn't sell replacement parts. I called Sharp and they told me it's repairable, but they don't sell the parts. How that makes it 'repairable', I don't know. I called Beast Buy, which sold the TVs and was told that they don't take walk-in service, it requires their techs to make a trip to the TV, at the low, low price of $100 and they'll make a determination at that time. If they can source the required parts to repair it, there's another trip that will again cost $100 plus the parts and labor and there's no guarantee that it will work, nor do they have more than 30 days warranty on their service.

When the eff did this become 'acceptable'. to customers? Close to four grand in TVs and they puke in a little more than a year? That's bullshine!

This makes me glad I decided a few years ago that I don't want to sell TVs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sharp as a display manufacturer is basically no more. Their display operations are being acquired by Foxconn.

highfigh

highfigh

Sharp as a display manufacturer is basically no more. Their display operations are being acquired by Foxconn.
I know, but they have a responsibility to the customers and they're blowing it off.

I have never been as interested in video as audio and if they keep this crap up, nobody else will be, either.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's the sort of thing that happens when a business gets bought/transferred unfortunately. I was actually pretty surprised that it happened.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
My Samsung panel has 2 fuzzy thin vertical lines on it since last week. Out of warranty too. These panels are not well made anymore. I've only had it for less than 3 yrs too. Just came out of nowhere. I tried to resolve it via some you tube videos, but alas it's the panel. I guess I have to live with it. :(

highfigh

highfigh

The shop owner I called is a warranty repair center for most major brands and at one point (about 5 years ago), they were buying $70K/month in panels, just from Sony. He said the manufacturer who most consistently makes good products and provides good CS to dealers and end users is LG. They'll learn, when people stop buying TVs and go to projectors.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis