5.1 surround problem-rear sound through front speakers

T

tonan8888

Audiophyte
I bought 5.1 sound system and JVC receiver, connected to PC via S/PDIF... All components work(play sound) but the problem is that for example in game when i must hear something behind me, i hear it from the front speakers... left/cntr/right balance works fine but rear/front.... the receiver adjusts the mode to 'LINEAR PCM' automatic and the mode goes to 'DOLBY DIGITAL' only in sound options, where i can test the DD... when i test it everything`s great... i can hear every single speaker playing alone for itself but thats only from the test ... in the applications i hear the sound not 5.1 but 3.1 ... the rear speaker work but they work at the same time with the front... And so... any ideas how to adjust the thing correctly to have a nice surround sound ... is it from soundcard or maybe some codecs(driver`s are the latest btw) or maybe some options on the receiver i dont know ...can i make somehow the receiver to work in DD mode all the time or it make`s it only automatic... i don`t know I just want to hear sound from behind when someone talks behind me :) sound Realtek HD audio ... pls help :)

E

ElCid79

Audioholic Intern
first off make sure you have the speaker cables plugged into the right place. I am assuming that you use a PS3 for your gaming and movies because of the PCM comment. You can configure your PS3 to output via PCM or the encoded audio. I have a very nice merantz receiver but I still allow the PS3 to decode most audio, and send it via PCM. That way I get the benefit of all of the newer encodings.

Perhaps your speakers balance is not set up right. Do the audio calibration on it. Make sure the individual levels are all correct.

If its not the speaker wires crossed, or messed up balance, I honestly couldn't tell ya.

E

ElCid79

Audioholic Intern
Whoops, just saw where you said SPDIF and PC.... That could bring up any number of issues with configuration settings in your pc. honestly dont know.

Make sure your drivers are up to date. go in and reconfigure your setup. Do you have speaker type selected as a 5.1 audio? (or 7.1 depending upon your setup.)

Etc.

T

tonan8888

Audiophyte
the problem is with my soundcard... it doesn`t support Dolby Digital Live .... :) now i`m searching for the right card to do the job ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis