5.1 Sound not working on some DVDs

T

tomottoe

Audiophyte
Hi

I have a Panasonic SA-XR57 receiver hooked up to 5 Infinity speakers and a Polk subwoofer. I have a Panasonic DMP-BD80 BluRay player hooked up via HDMI. I have noticed that with many DVDs (but not all) I have to switch off the surround sound because there is no dialog; music and special effects play but no dialog is output. I recently replaced the subwoofer and center channel speaker because of a lightning strike. I'm wondering if something could have happened to the receiver that would cause this behavior (requiring its replacement) or if it's something more simple. Does anyone have any thoughts?

thanks
--tom

H

H/Kthunder

Enthusiast
The lightning strike 'could' be the issue since its only the dialogue sound that is not coming through. But also, check the settings on your bluray player and your receiver's center channel settings just to make sure if you haven't done so already.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I agree with checking your settings to make sure they are still correct, especially after the lightning strike. If you run the test tones on the receiver and the center speaker is working, I would then suspect the player as having the issue.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis