5.1(ish) sound bar setup question

L

lonwa

Audioholic Intern
Hola,

Recessed wall mounted TV setup in family room (no wires showing, no real space remaining for additional devices other than the sound bar (looks really nice - minimalist). I do not want book shelf speakers, receivers.... Want to keep the minimalist design. All I want is to improve the TV stereo audio experience. The built in TV speakers are struggling. Sound bar is a necessary evil but in this case I am good with it.

Interestingly enough, the room is pre-wired with 2 ceiling surround speakers in the right place to be the rears of the system. I was wondering if there is a 3.1/5.1 (ish) sound bar that can also send the surround channels of the audio feed from the TV, to these wired speakers (i.e. so be the pre-amp and amp just for the rears)?

It would be a nice thing to have 5.1 in this room if its possible. If I am missing another easy option please let me know.

Thanks

Lonwa

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A 5.1 soundbar that has the ability to output to the rear channels directly (powered) or that has analog outputs to an external amp would work. That would mean looking very specifically for either of those features and I'll expect both will be fairly uncommon, though 3.1 would be far more likely than 5.1.

Your only other option is a receiver.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You're asking a lot. Compromises for aesthetics come at a cost. You can of spend A LOT of money to get good sq and have your aesthetic vision and still come out with a meh sounding system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis